PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax v Harrogate
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Halifax v Harrogate  (Read 5182 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax v Harrogate
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »

And what's more stuff like this written by some ale house outfit with 200 fans actually hurts me

"Funny with the Alty lot, I have read a few of their threads since our 3-0 defeat and they measure us against the 2 wins, however in the first game they were on top for just 10 minutes at the start and we dominated 80 minutes, completely out passed them and the game at theirs can hardly count as we played the majority with 10 men (i know if we played Alty 10 times we would win 8 of them)......"

Its time for altrincham to take the gloves off, square up and fight our way out of this f**king league....

No they didn't, they dominated up until they equalised and after that we looked the more likely to score - which we did. As far as the home game is concerned we could / should have been 3 up if Buzz had put his penalty away given Reeves hitting the bar and a couple of other near misses. Can't say if H'gate would have scored 3 or indeed 4 in the 2nd half with 11 men, but worth a flutter against I'd say.

As regards H'gate as a club, it's a bit like Pacey in a way, you should feel nothing but contempt but actually I feel quite sorry for the owner. The towns clearly don't back their ambition and to be fair to both as far as I'm aware it's their own cash that's gone in, not a loan secured against the ground or some such alterior motive. I'll leave our MGS cohort to confirm but I think the Greeks got it right:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubris
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:37:57 PM by JTH »

Jimmy

Re: Halifax v Harrogate
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 12:53:02 AM »

And what's more stuff like this written by some ale house outfit with 200 fans actually hurts me

"Funny with the Alty lot, I have read a few of their threads since our 3-0 defeat and they measure us against the 2 wins, however in the first game they were on top for just 10 minutes at the start and we dominated 80 minutes, completely out passed them and the game at theirs can hardly count as we played the majority with 10 men (i know if we played Alty 10 times we would win 8 of them)......"

We've played 4 and won 3 since we went back down
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax v Harrogate