Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: gutted  (Read 8336 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: gutted
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 12:02:37 AM »

You 'reckon'!

Well thanks. I 'reckon' it's hotter in India than Iceland but I  don't know for sure cos I've never been

Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 12:02:53 AM »

So how do you know you know you  don't?

You either know the wage bill or you don't. It's a bit like being pregnant

You are the one claiming 750,000. Not me.

I reckon it is nowhere near that based on figures in the press and the fact that the club had to be bailed out in July.

Just because it makes you feel better to think we are cheating doesn't make it so. You and me both know you plucked 750,000 out of nowhere.

Just as well Macc's track record in running a financially tight ship is virtually unblemished over the past 10 years as otherwise we'd have reason to doubt the highly plausible figure of a 250k wage bill.

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 12:04:25 AM »

I thought we were terrible in the first half. They were first to everything, we invited them onto us, and we were justly down at the break.

The second half started and we conceded a goal that perhaps Coburn should have done better with, but I am yet to see the replay. Maybe I am being harsh.

After that I thought Kyle Perry's introduction truly changed the game. The goal we grabbed was deserved and we were the better team in the second half. Arguments could justly be made for us deserving a point from the game overall, I'd agree.

Anyway, they showed why they were gunning for promotion. They were below average in the second half and found a way to win, despite clenching their arse cheeks for the last twenty-five minutes against a mid-table tin-pot side.

3-2 on aggregate. See you next year you sheep fiddlers x

bumble

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 12:04:51 AM »

So how do you know you know you  don't?

You either know the wage bill or you don't. It's a bit like being pregnant

You are the one claiming 750,000. Not me.

I reckon it is nowhere near that based on figures in the press and the fact that the club had to be bailed out in July.

Just because it makes you feel better to think we are cheating doesn't make it so. You and me both know you plucked 750,000 out of nowhere.

These figures were talked bout when James Lawrie scored in the 90th minute

these figures were also talked about when Damian Reeves scored in the cup game

Head. Sand. Etc.  

catherinestreet

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 12:24:45 AM »

You 'reckon'!

Well thanks. I 'reckon' it's hotter in India than Iceland but I  don't know for sure cos I've never been

So, where did your figure of 750,000 come from then?

I have told you what I think.

RocketDan

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 10:33:02 AM »

Apart from a few bummimgs against terrieble teams in the conference north, that second half was the best I've seen us play under Sinnott.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »

I thought the desire and fight shown in the second half was fantastic, would like to have a look at the goal that was chalked off. They can have their day, we've had two this season. They can mock the fact we took a third of our home support to the game, Id be more worried at only attracting 1,500 home supporters for your first home game against your local rivals in 17 years when your second in the table. Its a sh*t or bust season for macclesfield town, look at the players on display, they aren't there for peanuts, regardless of the regular smoke and mirrors talk. Huge swathes of paid security for a crowd of under 2k, you can see why it's a business that needs propping up. Either they go up and carry on or miss out and have another crisis this summer. We'll just keep evolving and growing stronger, we can take real heart from that last night, because if that's the second best side in this league, with the right summer signings, we could have a real crack at the playoffs next year. They know they were lucky to escape with 3 points. And I wouldn't worry about Rhys Taylor blowing kisses etc at the end , clearly the weak link in that side and will be first out of the door in may if the go up, the prick.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 04:18:15 PM »

I thought the desire and fight shown in the second half was fantastic, would like to have a look at the goal that was chalked off. They can have their day, we've had two this season. They can mock the fact we took a third of our home support to the game, Id be more worried at only attracting 1,500 home supporters for your first home game against your local rivals in 17 years when your second in the table. Its a sh*t or bust season for macclesfield town, look at the players on display, they aren't there for peanuts, regardless of the regular smoke and mirrors talk. Huge swathes of paid security for a crowd of under 2k, you can see why it's a business that needs propping up. Either they go up and carry on or miss out and have another crisis this summer. We'll just keep evolving and growing stronger, we can take real heart from that last night, because if that's the second best side in this league, with the right summer signings, we could have a real crack at the playoffs next year. They know they were lucky to escape with 3 points. And I wouldn't worry about Rhys Taylor blowing kisses etc at the end , clearly the weak link in that side and will be first out of the door in may if the go up, the prick.

I'd agree that the second half showed some real fire, which was quite thrilling at times. The hoofball wasn't pretty but it was very effective, and it's heartening to see just how close we are to what is evidently the standard of the front runners in this division.

I agree that just a handful of new signings are needed - the bench looks very light with the two midfield injuries, and a couple of players were a bit ineffectual last night.

One last word - I now believe that Joel Swift should get his chance as third striker after Reeves and Kyle.  I know Jimmy and Sybil were saying this after the Bath game, and I felt Gillespie should be given more time. However, after Saturday and last night I can't see how he can play again. He was dead slow, he moved like he was walking barefoot on coals, and I think I could muscle him off the ball at present.

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »

Good second half wouldn't want to see that style on a regular basis but needs must I think leather shouldev played Luca and masha played ok but leather play the ball out rather than give away easily perry's best performance changed the game

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 12:33:55 PM »

I think Lee's summing up is spot on.

Only item I would add is that we lacked quality and composure in front of goal. If we had we would have got a least a draw and had enough clear cut chances to win the game.

The trip up there in the car was horrendous taking well over an hour.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 gutted