Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The best the table can look at 4:45 on Saturday..
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The best the table can look at 4:45 on Saturday..  (Read 5143 times)

markecky

« on: April 18, 2011, 09:01:21 AM »

**I am aware I am clutching at straws here*

I'll gladly bow to someone cleverer than me if I'm wrong but I do think we would need Southport to win away at Tamworth to drag an extra team into it.

If everyone lost 1-0 and us and Southport won 1-0 then the table would look like this:

17   Barrow   44   -15   47
18   Cambridge   44   -9   46
19   Tamworth   44   -20   46
20   Forest Green   44   -18   45

21   Southport   44   -19   45
22   Altrincham   44   -37   44
23   Eastbourne B44   -43   33
24   Histon   44   -45   27

Butty

Re: The best the table can look at 4:45 on Saturday..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »

Done my honest assessments of the last few games for everyone near the bottom, and we are relying on a few massive results in our favour. We need, as you said Ecky, Southport to beat Tamworth this weekend, then next weekend everyone else to lose (Apart from Hayes, who play Cambridge, this would give us the best chance of staying up). We don't need to win either of our next two games, but it would be VERY helpful- from my calculations, we'd need 2 points though to give us a shout on the last day of the season. I know another north west team in the league would be helpful, but Southport have to lost to Kettering on the final day, and Tamworth to beat FGR, while we need to beat Eastbourne (goes without saying).

We need some massive favours in the next 2 weeks, but we can still do it.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:17:46 AM »

Desperate times indeed, but I think whichever way the Tamworth Southport game goes, if we beat Newport we could be in with a shout on the final day. If we finish above Southport and FGR , the outcome will be the same as finishing above Southport and Tamworth, ie we would survive.
The odds are against us, but with a few players back and fit for saturday, who knows.
What a truly depressing season, I can think of  players that should be hanging their heads in shame at present at what they have reduced us to.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 11:30:58 AM »

Agree with chesteralty, if we don't beat Newport then the other games on Saturday don't count for anything.

I've lost count of the number of times I've said and heard that its a "must win" game this week... but in this case, we've finally run out of time. Nothing less than 3 points will do.

You would think the players would be hanging their heads in shame, but I fear that's not the case, and many of them are counting off the days til the summer break now. Some may have been counting the days since August...

Its been depressing, and it does seem like too large an ask now, but until the maths tells us otherwise, we have to believe that anything is possible.

In a season of extreme ups (few and far between) and downs, we can hold on to the fact that the predictable can be highly unpredictable with Alty!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:36:19 AM by RedRedRobin »

markecky

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:02:32 PM »

For me there is no question, anything other than beating Newport and its game over.  Mentally if not in points terms.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »

I know people on here have said lets get behind the lads ie FGR and Fleetwood but this Saturday it really is Sh1t or bust time and I just hope everybody who is able can attend the Newport game

Message to the players "Its the last chance Saloon" on Saturday" play with passion and pride for the shirt and we will do our utmost to encourage you from the sidelines

CMON YOU ALTY

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 12:17:55 PM »

Tamworth won't lose to southport they've turned the corner now, its amazing how much positivity u can get from pushing your manager out of his job in this league! Forest green are the only team we can catch imo, it still makes me wonder what people are on on here going on about heyes still, there too good and clear ffs! Ok maybe when we are saying we need this team to do this one week and another a next it really is over, anyway happy agm day awaits!!!!

bumble

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »

It's going to be a long two weeks - I just hope we can take it to the last day :( I don't fancy a trip home from Grimsby with the feeling of relegation knowing we're not going Stockport, but staylbridge instead  :-[

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 12:56:47 PM »

Tamworth won't lose to southport they've turned the corner now, its amazing how much positivity u can get from pushing your manager out of his job in this league! Forest green are the only team we can catch imo, it still makes me wonder what people are on on here going on about heyes still, there too good and clear ffs! Ok maybe when we are saying we need this team to do this one week and another a next it really is over, anyway happy agm day awaits!!!!

If we finish 3rd bottom, the AGM Cup won't matter.

bumble

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »

Agreed! :(

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »

Is it Saturday yet? This is torture.

Jacko

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 07:19:51 PM »

if tamworth beat southport we could move above them and into the cretinous agm spot, think forest green could be beat this weekend so lets hope reeves and dale can give newport nightmares!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:22:22 PM by Jacko »

RocketDan

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »

17   Tamworth   44   -20   49
18   Barrow   44   -15   47
19   Cambridge   44   -9   46
20   Altrincham   44   -37   44

21   Southport   44   -19   42
22   Eastbourne B44   -43   33
23   Histon   44   -45   27
24  Forest Green   44   -18   0*

*Forest Green have all points deducted for fielding an ineligible player.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:28:11 PM by RocketDan »

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 08:07:17 PM »

17   Tamworth   44   -20   49
18   Barrow   44   -15   47
19   Cambridge   44   -9   46
20   Altrincham   44   -37   44

21   Southport   44   -19   42
22   Eastbourne B44   -43   33
23   Histon   44   -45   27
24  Forest Green   44   -18   0*

*Forest Green have all points deducted for fielding an ineligible player. chairman!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 08:10:59 PM »

I understand the logic behind southport beating tamworth, just think that we need to ensure 4th bottom at least, so I would prefer the opposite result
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team