News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next weekend

Author Topic: Next weekend  (Read 1699 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Next weekend
« on: November 19, 2011, 06:14:51 PM »

My team would be as follows:

Coburn

Lynch   Williams  Flynn  Lees 

Lawrie   Densmore Lawton Danylyk   Clee

Reeves

I think we need some more beef in the midfield in order to take some of the strain off our suspect defence, hence playing Lawton and Danylyk together. I think the balance is there with Lawrie and Clee providing attacking options. A draw next Sunday wouldn't be a disaster anyway after our recent away results.

Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Next weekend
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 06:27:46 PM »

after todays performance I would stray from 442, not organised enough for it
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 06:27:58 PM »

It may only be November,but I'm seeing this game, along with the Halifax and Corby games, as season-defining. Win next week and it gives us the confidence away from home,while also providing prize money to be able to make a signing or 2. Lose and (as well as my Manchester United friends taking the piss out of me saying FC United are taking over Alty) confidence goes so low that we will be unable to pick ourselves up to get the vital points needed against play-off rivals and find ourselves adrift of the top 5.

Given whats available,I'd go with that starting 11. Today showed that, for now anyway, Redshaw is an impact player, and Lawton is needed on the field for leadership if anything.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »

after todays performance I would stray from 442, not organised enough for it

This is what annoyed me most about today. I've heard a few people recently, terraces and here,saying 4-4-2 is old fashoned and need to change formation. It was changed to 4-3-3, we go 2-0 down, and same people say manager is clueless and should be 4-4-2!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

brian1925

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 07:03:22 PM »

I have a dreadful feeling that no matter what team we put out, we'll lose next week. The defence is awful. I'm just hoping there is something left in the budget to bring in a defender or two, before our season is lost.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 10:28:11 AM »

It may only be November,but I'm seeing this game, along with the Halifax and Corby games, as season-defining. Win next week and it gives us the confidence away from home,while also providing prize money to be able to make a signing or 2. Lose and (as well as my Manchester United friends taking the piss out of me saying FC United are taking over Alty) confidence goes so low that we will be unable to pick ourselves up to get the vital points needed against play-off rivals and find ourselves adrift of the top 5.

Given whats available,I'd go with that starting 11. Today showed that, for now anyway, Redshaw is an impact player, and Lawton is needed on the field for leadership if anything.

Agreed 100%

bumble

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 11:30:14 AM »

My team would be as follows:

Coburn

Lynch   Williams  Flynn  Lees 

Lawrie   Densmore Lawton Danylyk   Clee

Reeves

I think we need some more beef in the midfield in order to take some of the strain off our suspect defence, hence playing Lawton and Danylyk together. I think the balance is there with Lawrie and Clee providing attacking options. A draw next Sunday wouldn't be a disaster anyway after our recent away results.                                                                                                                      

This is what I meant by the 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation, and what I was hoping we'd try yesterday....

If Lawton just sits there, it allows densmore a free role
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next weekend