PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Kidderminster Match Thread  (Read 9128 times)

Jimmy

Re: Kidderminster Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »

They closed to applicants last Sunday. So the new manager although not yet selected will be one of a handful. I'd get him in so he can select which players he wants to keep. He can also get around other games identidying new players

wonder if the bpa boss has applied
very much doubt it though we should be asking him

finnquark

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »

Bower and Boshell have signed on with BPA until 2019.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 06:29:14 PM »

It'd make more sense to appoint a highly rated Evostik manager - someone who knows the best players to cherry-pick from that level.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »

They were the best side I've seen at Moss Lane this season (I missed Fylde). Bit hard to rate how we were as we chased shadows most of the game. Safe to say none of our 11 would get in their starting 11. Shows how far off the pace we been for the last 16 months.

Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 07:35:06 PM »

They were the best side I've seen at Moss Lane this season (I missed Fylde). Bit hard to rate how we were as we chased shadows most of the game. Safe to say none of our 11 would get in their starting 11. Shows how far off the pace we been for the last 16 months.

it's so sad to see
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 09:10:35 PM »

Hmm, it wasn't great today but as far as the actual state of the teams go, 2nd place side plays relegated bottom side, so it was about par with what I expected.

The difference between two relegated clubs and how desperate they are to regain that status and the way they set themselves up how to do so however...

Very telling.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 09:35:33 PM »

Hmm, it wasn't great today but as far as the actual state of the teams go, 2nd place side plays relegated bottom side, so it was about par with what I expected.

The difference between two relegated clubs and how desperate they are to regain that status and the way they set themselves up how to do so however...

Very telling.

Yes, very telling. Around January 2016 or so, Kidderminster accepted they were going down and began planning for the new season, and a swift return, as a priority.

That wasn't appropriate for us last season, as we weren't doomed, but it was this year. At least Harry Cain got a run out (and I can appreciate it's better for him to be getting games in for Prescot Cables in their successful fight against relegation rather than warming our bench) alongside yet another good performance by Laurence Taylor.

Frosty

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 07:49:55 AM »

THRIVING. This announcement in May best be something special.....

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 08:11:15 AM »

Presumably the managerial interviews are now over. So, do we think the new manager will be announced now  or after the Tamworth game?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 08:57:16 AM »

I think interviews have not been concluded yet, would like to think an announcement would be made prior to the Tamworth game.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 12:06:43 PM »

I very much doubt an announcement will be made until after all Evostick play offs have finished in case any managers participating have applied.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 12:09:56 PM »

I think interviews have not been concluded yet, would like to think an announcement would be made prior to the Tamworth game.

I would assume if there are five people to interview, you'd assume each would get one interview, which would need to be arranged at a time that suits both the person and the interviewers (likely multiple?), then time to review them against each other when all board members are available, and maybe even a second round?

I would expect that it could be a few weeks till it's made public. Especially if that manager is in employment.
It's all my fault.

taxi Phil

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »

Managers who are out of work tend to be so because they've failed in their last position. We really need to be looking at a manager who's in employment and with a decent record.....then we have to make him a good enough offer to tempt him away.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 01:11:48 PM »

It will take a few more weeks and I would hope we can't announce until the season, including playoffs, is over.

I think the club would wait at least until our last game, regardless of who gets it. If its MD they will want to avoid any protests if its someone else they will want to avoid any issues with a disgruntled existing management team.

I'd really like to hope that the incoming manager has at least been involved in the playoffs this season or managing a team who are there or there abouts well beyond their expectations.

With that in mind we hopefully wont hear anything until first week of May.

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 04:52:44 PM »

Can we afford to have Rowley around to make another poor choice?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread