PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendances
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Attendances  (Read 4069 times)

louise1925

Attendances
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »

Just been looking at the teams we are likely to be playing next season and I've come to the (rather optimistic admittedly!) conclusion that our average home attendance is unlikely to be affected too badly (probably down to about 900). Presuming that Stalybridge win the play offs we will have,
Telford 2000 average home gate and very well followed
Boston 1500 home gates and well followed
Barrow, Southport, Tamworth, Nuneaton 1000 average home gates approx
Stafford and Worcester a little lower but well supported away
Hyde, Droylsden, Fleetwood are all quite local and likely to be well followed to our place
Harrogate, Hinkley and Blyth get 500+ for home games

Yes, I know we lose the ex-league teams Oxford, York, Exeter etc. but there is still enough in BSN to keep attendances over the 900 mark for most games.
Before I'm totally peaked, I'm just trying to remain positive!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Attendances
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »

I would say closer to 700  >:(

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »

I still believe someone else will be thrown out or not allowed promotion.

Hodgey

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 02:40:52 PM »

I feel if we go down our attendance will drop. I have attached a document showing the matchday attendances (take from the official website) from 2005 till this season and it reflects the decline. Also you can see the trend of lower attendances with bad results, even at our level.

The club could really move forward with an average gate of 1800 eventually and this may take years to acheive, but this relegation could slow our progress. Start saving for a season ticket and trying to sell tickets to others. Everyone should do their bit.

PS it stops at game19 as that is when I compiled the chart, but it averaged out around the 1000 mark for the last 4 games

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 03:51:52 PM »

From comments I have heard, there is disillusionment in the air and the retention of GH as manager may well have an adverse impact on attendances, regardless of which league we end up playing in.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 04:59:20 PM »

My opinion is after a season of BSN football, and possibly making the play-offs (hope so if we are relegated properly after agm) then our average attendance would be 800

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 05:12:01 PM »

My opinion is after a season of BSN football, and possibly making the play-offs (hope so if we are relegated properly after agm) then our average attendance would be 800

we only averaged about 770 when we won the Unibond. For the five years following our relegation back to the Unibond in 2001 we struggled to get over 600. We only averaged 665 when we went up to the BSP from the BSN through the play-offs.

It's all academic of course but I think you're overestimating by a considerable amount the crowds we'd get in the BSN next year. I think an average of anything over 700 would be optimistic
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 05:16:05 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 05:43:54 PM »

The thing that the last 3 years has done though is increase our hardcore. I know people who weren't regulars in 2004, but now are and will be there next season,BSN or BSP. I would say as a BSN side we would average around 750-800.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »

The thing that the last 3 years has done though is increase our hardcore. I know people who weren't regulars in 2004, but now are and will be there next season,BSN or BSP. I would say as a BSN side we would average around 750-800.

I also think you are being overly optomistic, especially if we are mid-table and not exactly blazing a trail.

There is also, the GH factor, like it or not, many have voiced their concerns over whether they will even bother to go or not anymore if he's still there (I am not one of those I hasten to add). I don't know whether they would stay away or not if it came down to it, but there are murmurings.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:04:01 AM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 07:02:24 PM »

I'm not sure how you can count people who ahve been here for the last 3 conference years as hardcore. I mean, they may well be but you can't definately say they will be here in the BSN.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »

alot of people myself included would only go in bsn if we were at least pushing for a play off place, £12 or more for that level of football is dear

Alty365

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 08:21:10 PM »

I know of three people who are not renewing their season tickets (not just because we've been relegated) and I am sure there are plenty more. BSN football is absolute tripe and floating fans won't pay the asking price to watch it. Altrincham v Redditch simply doesn't whet the appetite I'm afraid. Prepare yourselves for average gates of under 700 again.

louise1925

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »

I also believe that we have picked up a hundred or so fans since we have been in Conference National. Didn't we play Grays at home on a miserable Tuesday evening and still attract about 800? (could be wrong here, just seem to recall). Even 750 home fans would result in most matches attracting more than 800. There seem to be more 'big' sides in the northern league these days, especially now we've got Telford and Boston. Remember too, a new force in Fleetwood and all the usual local rivals. Of course, it all really depends on how we do and who is manager. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks GH will stand aside next week.

Longman

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 11:02:29 PM »

You can include me in that!  Although I will miss 4 months of next season due to going travelling.

steveo_macc

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 11:13:23 PM »

i'd say the other 200 or odd you will lose will come and watch a better team like macc!! ;D
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendances