PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robbie Lawton
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Robbie Lawton  (Read 5480 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Robbie Lawton
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 02:01:38 PM »

Personally I thought Robbie was having a good season until that Dirty Get from Rushden & Dirty Sods ...Yannick Bolasie fouled him and injured his back which resulted with Robbie being out for quite a time...  Bolasie in the same game was rolling around like he had been shot and he shammed injury when Densmore got sent off .. He was running around like a stag once Sean got his marching orders.. It happened near where I stand on the popular side and he got plenty of verbals off me....(cheating bastard).

I see Robbie Lawton as an integral part of the set up for the coming season
Cmon Alty.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:04:01 PM by distancetraveller »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 02:43:44 PM »

Baldrick, re Lawton I can only assume you, like Robbie, have missed the last 2 pre season friendlies where opposition midfielders have simply strolled unchallenged through our central midfield to score goals? Robbie Lawton is one of the more effective central midfielders in the BSP.

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 02:46:57 PM »

It's quite clear that Robbie is making every effort to get his injury sorted out, unlike some we've had in the past who've sat on the payroll and quit when fit - and I DON'T mean Val Owen who owes our club nothing ! Fully fit, Robbie has plenty to offer, and I wish him a speedy recovery.As long as he doesn't get pushed wide right...................!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »

Bloody good this eh? Season not even started and someone wants a player (and IMHO a good one) out already!

Narcissist

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 03:55:26 PM »

I think there is a difference between not wanting Lawton to play right wing and wanting him out of the club.

We need players like Lawton. The standard of the BSP has improved but its still not pretty. You need someone to win the battle in the centre - Val Owen, Robbie Lawton etc etc. Without him, even on the bench we're lacking aggression.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »

As a fairly new member on this forum I notice on this site that the squad of the current team are constantly compared to past Alty players.. Now whilst I agree that the ex players mentioned were / are indeed decent players I do not think our current crop of players want to constantly read that A isnt as good as B etc etc ... Just get behind the current squad whether they are seasoned pros or the new lads who have joined us since last season...   A Couple of weeks ago most posters were optimisitc about the coming season however just recently we read that we need a left back or the midfield is weak etc etc... Lets get behind the lads and lose these negative thoughts. The bloody season starts in 5 days...

Cmon Alty

alty28

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 04:52:52 PM »

well said distancetraveller, i totally agree, whilst this is meant for every1 to express there opinions, alot of the players read this n it carnt be good for confidence to read alot of the fans dont think you are good enough!!

joe

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »

Everything else aside, you do not release players who have an injury it is poor form. I for one hope Robbie gets fit again and challenges for his place.
Val Owen was released because he was always injured. With such a small squad it is important to have everyone fit. I am not saying Lawton should be released because of his injury, i just feel that trying to build the team around him is wrong.

I thought Val left by mutual consent so he could play more regularly and not because of his injuries. Robbie Lawton is a vital member of the squad in my opinion who adds steel to the midfield although i'd rather he didn't play on the right!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »

well said distancetraveller, i totally agree, whilst this is meant for every1 to express there opinions, alot of the players read this n it carnt be good for confidence to read alot of the fans dont think you are good enough!!

Tell them not to read the Forum then!

Anyway, what do us lot know...?!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

baldrick

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 07:00:27 PM »

I didn't say he is no good. I just think GH finds a place for him even if it means playing the wrong system.

bighairedmike

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 07:23:16 PM »

Bloody good this eh? Season not even started and someone wants a player (and IMHO a good one) out already!

Its the same as every year though. Somebody always thinks somebody else is not up to scratch. It hasn't changed this season and it wont change next season either.

I understand both sides of this and i think Robbie is a perfectly capable conference Centre Midfielder. He isnt a winger but if he gets told to play there he will do and to the best of his ability. I think we really did miss him when he was injured and suspended at the back end of last season.

However, with the new signings in midfield i can understand some people saying he should not be the first name on the team sheet. Having said that i am all for letting him get fit and challenging for his place. Is definitely worth a place in the squad and i think, when fit, could push for a first team place.

This says a lot for how far the squad has come in the last couple of years from being the man the team was named around to some people saying he isn't worth a place in the squad.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »

Personally I thought Robbie was having a good season until that Dirty Get from Rushden & Dirty Sods ...Yannick Bolasie fouled him and injured his back which resulted with Robbie being out for quite a time...  Bolasie in the same game was rolling around like he had been shot and he shammed injury when Densmore got sent off .. He was running around like a stag once Sean got his marching orders.. It happened near where I stand on the popular side and he got plenty of verbals off me....(cheating bastard).

I see Robbie Lawton as an integral part of the set up for the coming season
Cmon Alty.

We paid quite a high price for that game. It was connected to this that Robbie had his back spasms in late march and it's clear the the problems he's developing now are related to his body trying to overcompensate for the back problem.

Not happy.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robbie Lawton