News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mustard that today

Author Topic: Mustard that today  (Read 2919 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Mustard that today
« on: July 26, 2009, 01:20:25 AM »

Best football we,ve played in along time,some of the passing movement was a joy to watch,we need to sign saunders and keep lawton away from the right hand side and weve got it cracked, saunders is a must though, especially with stuart not being anywhere near ready yet

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mustard that today
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:34:34 AM »

Totally agree. Thought Hefferman played well, but Crowell and Kearney in midfield looked quality, which leads me ask where does Lawton fit in?

I assume Clee will play wide left, Denham wide ride with Crowell and Kearny running the game form centre mid, this would leave both Danylyk and Lawton on the bench.  But you can't have the captain as sub, so either a new captain is required or GH sees it different from me.
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 08:44:18 AM »

Heff has improved dramatically from the last time I saw him play. Squad is shaping up well.  :)

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »

I nominate Greg Young for captain (if the job should become available).

Nonleaguer

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »

From a comparative perspective, the real sign of Alty's ambition will be against Burton Albion next week. They will undoubtedly bring a strong side which will see how we cope. Scoring for fun against sides several levels lower or against youth sides / reserves of higher level teams can give a false view.

Saturday for me is the real indication.

I'm sure the management duo have sights on their starting 11 but as Mansfield are doing you need to gain a balance across all positions and utilise strengthens of the whole squad to succeed, it's a long season and injuries / suspensions will all impact.At this stage, pre-season is all about assessing fitness for the campaign ahead.

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 10:39:40 AM »

Seconded.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 11:33:07 AM »

We won't know until the first league game what our preferred lineup is. The friendlies are for trying out new things and experimentation.

However, from what people are saying things sound very encouraging.  :)
Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »

we need to sign saunders and keep lawton away from the right hand side and weve got it cracked, saunders is a must though, especially with stuart not being anywhere near ready yet

Im very worried  that Heathcote seems to be favouring Lawton on the right hand side again in a 4 4 2 formation. Lawton on the right DOES NOT work! It looks like he's trying to get him in the starting eleven wherever he can,round holes,square pegs and all that. I've been to all the friendlies except Abbey Hey and Saunders looks a very good keeper who i'm hoping we can sign.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 01:13:45 PM »

we need to sign saunders and keep lawton away from the right hand side and weve got it cracked, saunders is a must though, especially with stuart not being anywhere near ready yet

Im very worried  that Heathcote seems to be favouring Lawton on the right hand side again in a 4 4 2 formation. Lawton on the right DOES NOT work! It looks like he's trying to get him in the starting eleven wherever he can,round holes,square pegs and all that. I've been to all the friendlies except Abbey Hey and Saunders looks a very good keeper who i'm hoping we can sign.

when lawoin arrived he was probably in top 3 or 4 best players now hes one of the weak ones imo , no reflection on him just an indication how much squad has improved

Altyant

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 03:54:44 PM »

Best football we,ve played in along time,some of the passing movement was a joy to watch,we need to sign saunders and keep lawton away from the right hand side and weve got it cracked, saunders is a must though, especially with stuart not being anywhere near ready yet

I hoping that he will sign up, given that Accy hasnt appeared at all pre-season (as far as Im aware)

markecky

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 05:02:09 PM »

I think the chances of having two good goalkeepers are very slim.

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 05:05:27 PM »

joe

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »

I think the chances of having two good goalkeepers are very slim.

Which is very worrying considering Coburn is obviously nowhere near fit!

Longman

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 05:59:56 PM »

Seconded.

Thirded.

Longman

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »

Got to agree with that, the progress we seem to have made from two seasons ago before Graham Barrow joined us is massive, we were just hoofing the ball long with a team that had several weak spots, we now seem so much more complete in every position.

I'm confident that if we play to our full potential we will give anyone a game and create chances against anyone.  Unfortunately I think Robbie is a weak link and I agree about dropping him in favour of Danylyk, Kierney or Crowell, it seems as if GH is determined to start him though judging by the friendlies thus far.

I'm well excited about the forthcoming season, I hope we get at teams and try and play football, because as yesterday showed when we do we are dangerous.

COME ON ALTY.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mustard that today