News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield Friendly

Author Topic: Macclesfield Friendly  (Read 2313 times)

Longman

Macclesfield Friendly
« on: July 12, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »

Has this game been cancelled for good?  Or is it still subject to a re - arranged date?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Macclesfield Friendly
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »

I think it's cancelled for good as there was no other date available.

Is it just me or are we playing a lot less home friendlies than in previous seasons?
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »

If the training has been right we perhaps dont need as many as the main backbone of the team is unchanged.

We need to bring 3 people now it seems not 7 or 8 like previous seasons.

Less friendlies less risk of injury and if they kept themselves in good shape over the summer we should be good to go.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 06:30:07 PM »

If the training has been right we perhaps dont need as many as the main backbone of the team is unchanged.

We need to bring 3 people now it seems not 7 or 8 like previous seasons.

Less friendlies less risk of injury and if they kept themselves in good shape over the summer we should be good to go.

I'd have thought all players still need match fitness regardless of training regime. I too am worried we don't seem to have many games.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »

they will be (im sure) playing friendlies "behind closed doors" these are just the ones were invited too.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »

they will be (im sure) playing friendlies "behind closed doors" these are just the ones were invited too.

Really?

Alex

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 09:58:35 PM »

id think they would (i mean im sure GH knows enough local managers to send a team to have a match on a tuesday night) eg Man City played today against Hamburg (i Think) and you wont have any news of the match but it's happened, it'd be nice if we saw or were told what was going on but in truth (wether we as fans like it or not) they don't rele have to tell us anything...if the club was run like they do on the contintent where the fans elect the officials then they'd have to tell us but in our situation lets just trust that they will have the players fullyed prepared for the opening game of the season wether we see the process or not.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »

Surely the club would rather have people attending friendlies in order to try and make some money whilst giving the players some much needed match fitness?

I accept that friendlies aren't really for the fans but in our current situation every penny counts.

I therefore don't think we'll be playing friendlies behind closed doors.
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 10:42:06 PM »

In my years assocaited with the club the only pre season game behind closed doors was against Leeds in 1991.

We may play a trialists v first team hour long game or the like but I doubt very much whether we would play a full friendly like that

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 08:48:36 AM »

id think they would (i mean im sure GH knows enough local managers to send a team to have a match on a tuesday night) eg Man City played today against Hamburg (i Think) and you wont have any news of the match but it's happened, it'd be nice if we saw or were told what was going on but in truth (wether we as fans like it or not) they don't rele have to tell us anything...if the club was run like they do on the contintent where the fans elect the officials then they'd have to tell us but in our situation lets just trust that they will have the players fullyed prepared for the opening game of the season wether we see the process or not.

I think I'm beginning to understand why your name is currently undergoing review.
Could I suggest "Conspiracy Theorist"?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield Friendly