News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 eurosport

Author Topic: eurosport  (Read 4738 times)

jim fallon

eurosport
« on: July 05, 2009, 01:13:35 PM »

Dont know if this has allready been brought up, but ive heard Eurosport could be buying the rights for The Blue Square!

Buying them for around two million which woulod still give us around 60k!?

Anyone else heard anything? ??? ???

fuertes

Re: eurosport
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »

Heard nothing of this - if true that would be brilliant though. Surely someone is going to come in for the rights? Obviously I'm expecting them to pay less than Setanta did, but it's got to be a decent acquisition for (relative) peanuts with Luton, Wrexham, Oxford, Cambridge, Wimbledon, York all down here.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »

Dont know if this has allready been brought up, but ive heard Eurosport could be buying the rights for The Blue Square!

Buying them for around two million which woulod still give us around 60k!?

Anyone else heard anything? ??? ???

where did you hear this ? paper , web site

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 02:23:07 PM »

The non league paper says there are a few people interested but no names are mentioned. The Wimbledon v Luton game will definitely be a sellout and would almost certainly be the chosen game if the BSP is televised.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 04:14:43 PM »

The non league paper says there are a few people interested but no names are mentioned. The Wimbledon v Luton game will definitely be a sellout and would almost certainly be the chosen game if the BSP is televised.

Lies, clearly Alty v Ebbsfleet is a more attractive fixture - FACT

jim fallon

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 05:14:28 PM »

I got this information from a reliable source to be honest, you never know with this sort of thing though could just end up on its arse.

Lets keep our fingers crossed though eh?

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »

I'd be very happy with Eurosport - especially if they keep the Setanta broadcast team.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 03:31:27 PM »

I'd be very happy with Eurosport - especially if they keep the Setanta broadcast team.

Without Paul Parker.

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 03:55:28 PM »

I would prefer one of the minor channels, ITV3 ITV4 etc. Eurosport are worse than Setanta. Nothing ever starts on time and they suddenly stop the programme during play so some idiot can advertise yoghurt.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 04:08:28 PM »

I would prefer one of the minor channels, ITV3 ITV4 etc. Eurosport are worse than Setanta. Nothing ever starts on time and they suddenly stop the programme during play so some idiot can advertise yoghurt.

Personally I would rather watch a Yoghurt advert than that tw%t Richard Keys on Sky trying to big up a sh*t 0 - 0 premier match
 ;) :D

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 04:23:02 PM »

ITV 4 would be amazing. Channel 5 more likely, but any freeview channel would be perfect.

I still cant believe that no live English league football is shown on free-to-air channels. Come on broadcasters pull your fingers out and get GH back on the box!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 04:35:17 PM »

The BBC have a deal to broadcast 10 live Championship games next season.

Not a huge amount but it will still be nice to have some English League footy on free to air telly.

Edit: Looks like they have won the rights to show some other games too:

"The BBC will broadcast: 10 Championship matches, the first time the corporation has screened a league game from outside the top flight; the two legs of the Carling Cup semi-finals not covered by Sky; the Carling Cup final (simultaneously with Sky) and Football League and Carling Cup highlights."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:39:24 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

VofD

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »

Not a huge amount but it will still be nice to have some English League footy on free to air telly.

"The BBC will broadcast: 10 Championship matches, the first time the corporation has screened a league game from outside the top flight; the two legs of the Carling Cup semi-finals not covered by Sky; the Carling Cup final (simultaneously with Sky) and Football League and Carling Cup highlights."

Ever heard of TV Licence fee?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 11:12:16 AM »

Without Paul Parker.

Beat me to it.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 12:06:16 PM »

Ever heard of TV Licence fee?

BBC One/Two are not encrypted channels and are therefore free-to-air. You are taking the term "free-to-air" too literally.

Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 eurosport