News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dont you think ?

Author Topic: Dont you think ?  (Read 2840 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Dont you think ?
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »

That we have to high expecations for our club this season ,most people on here seem to think we should piss this league ,i think if we finish in top ten we will have done well ,with the budget we have , yes we need better defenders, maybe we should alter our tactics away from home and not attack so readily,have we any one in youth team that is capable of playing in centre of defence , im sure these comments will cause some disagreements , what do you think?.

John Crewe

Re: Dont you think ?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:58:12 PM »

That we have to high expecations for our club this season ,most people on here seem to think we should piss this league ,i think if we finish in top ten we will have done well ,with the budget we have , yes we need better defenders, maybe we should alter our tactics away from home and not attack so readily,have we any one in youth team that is capable of playing in centre of defence , im sure these comments will cause some disagreements , what do you think?.

do you think are budget is only top ten?

why do you propose we alter our tactics? do you think the management our getting the tactics wrong away from home? do you not in Lee we trust?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »

To be honest I've been watching Alty for 25 years and I struggle to work out where we should be. My gut feeling is to be patient, give Sinnott time and view this season as a work in progress. Barely a year ago we were in a different league, with a different manager and a different chairman.

Toppers

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »

If you get relegated, you expect to be challenging for a place to go back up

bumble

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »

do you think are budget is only top ten?

why do you propose we alter our tactics? do you think the management our getting the tactics wrong away from home? do you not in Lee we trust?

The tatics were wrong against Celtic and yesterday

After gloucster - Lee made changes
After Celtic, we altered

After this we will change - it's a case of finding out what works away from home

Maybe it's the formation? Or the players?

But in Lee we trust to change it, and get it right

At present we're 3 points off the PO, we need to address the away form though

Toppers

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »

its a case of teams who are going to get in are face for 90mins where we hit on the break, and teams who give us time which we control games

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 06:13:30 PM »

I said from word go that we would be top ten - i got slated for it.

I maintain top 10 finish, nothing more. Next year play offs.

We are rebuilding, it takes times, we have some dross amongst our players.

Next year Lee will have a better start with some of the players he wants to keep, assuming he stays that long and doesnt leave or get pushed out.

whopper

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »

is it possible to actually build a squad on our budget and have even season term goals never mind long term goals?

heathcoate did it a few seasons back and we then lost several key players in succesion.

untill we get this sorted we wont be going up i believe.

can we ever build a squad and keep it? there lies the golden question

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 07:03:45 PM »

yes we are getting our tactics wrong away , hence only one victory , i do belive Lee will get it right , but it takes time ,  it s not very often a team that is religated gets straight back up , as regards our budget  it is going to be difficult to get the best players , so our youth team may be the place to look , just a thought .

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »

yes we are getting our tactics wrong away , hence only one victory , i do belive Lee will get it right , but it takes time ,  it s not very often a team that is religated gets straight back up , as regards our budget  it is going to be difficult to get the best players , so our youth team may be the place to look , just a thought .

If we only have a budget that can get us in the top ten of this league then questions have to be asked, but not of Lee Sinnott.

If we're being honest.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »

If you get relegated, you expect to be challenging for a place to go back up
Like Stockport you mean ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 08:33:59 PM »

Stockport tumbled out of the league as a financial basket case with no manager , no board, no stadium and two players, we went down by the width of a post. And has been mentioned, have a decent enough budget, that yesterday was dreadful. We need to get a new defence in now, and hope for a decent run after christmas

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »

Ebbsfleet went straight back up when relegated to BSS, so it can be done, albeit I do think it takes a few seasons e.g Southport / Tamworth.....two clubs I would argue are similar to Altrincham
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dont you think ?