Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 THE OFFICAL 2007- 2008 FA CUP thread (to run aslong as we're still in the cup)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: THE OFFICAL 2007- 2008 FA CUP thread (to run aslong as we're still in the cup)  (Read 8798 times)

penfold

Hale Alty is correct about that Information The 3rdQR begins on Friday 12th October with Heybridge Swifts  v Billericay Town  Then over Saturday and Sunday the rest of the games are played, ending with Team Bath  v Weston Super Mare. Any replays will be played on the following wednesday, a week prior to the 4THQR

altyf

Yes, so the 3rd qualifying round games will be played the weekend when we play Salisbury away. I'd love an away draw at Bamber Bridge (memories  :'(  ), Kings Lynn away (i cant reall ever see us going there any other time and a great new ground for me) or Matlock away (nice long trip to i weird little ground.

joe

Matlock's hardly a long trip. You can drive there in about an hour!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Bamber Bridge away would be top  ;D

crossie

I will be happy with any team as long as they are not from the conference. King Lynn where quite supprising last year, i think they got to the Second round, as i remember one of their matches being shown on BBC.  So they might prove to be one of the giant killers from the North Section.
My memory isnt that great (age you see) but have we ever had one of our games in the cup shown on TV, i am aware that we apperared on MOTD about 10 years ago now, when we got to the 1st round, but that only showed about 5 minute highlights.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Huddersfield Town at Moss Lane in November 1990 was broadcast live on a Sunday afternoon by BSB.

P.S. Why is anyone keen to visit Matlock Town?
Been there, done that in the 1970s.
It usually rained.....and we usually lost.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:28:45 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

samba

We were on MOTD when we got to 3rd round against Darlington a few years back. :)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

We were on MOTD when we got to 3rd round against Darlington a few years back. :)
1st round that mate

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

If only the cup was for the whole of these Islands and we drew Wexford Youths away. It would be a fantastic draw (for me anyway) as it is right on my doorstep and it's a game we should win.......well I can dream anyway.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

1st round that mate

Actually, it was the FA Cup Second Round!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk

If only the cup was for the whole of these Islands and we drew Wexford Youths away. It would be a fantastic draw (for me anyway) as it is right on my doorstep and it's a game we should win.......well I can dream anyway.

Yes, & just think of all those Strawberrys that could be consumed aswell.

You just know there would be a kid sit by the side of the road by the ground selling them.

cheers

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Yes, & just think of all those Strawberrys that could be consumed aswell.

You just know there would be a kid sit by the side of the road by the ground selling them.

cheers

Oh yes, spuds, strawberries, rebellion and the slobs.....we have it all here....actually not so many of the strawberries after the washout that masqueraded as summer this year.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 THE OFFICAL 2007- 2008 FA CUP thread (to run aslong as we're still in the cup)