News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team going forward?

Author Topic: Team going forward?  (Read 5022 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Team going forward?
« on: November 06, 2016, 02:55:55 PM »

I didn't go yesterday but from listening to Radio Robins it seems like Paterson and Richman made a big difference. Richman hasn't been at his best this season but I previously mentioned these two as the only players to give it their all and they bring energy to the play. I am yet to see Obeng and Lenighan but thoughts on the team going forward? I still think we need two wide men with pace, a proven goalscorer and cover at left back.

GK Deasy

LB McWilliams
CB Thomas / Cyrus
CB Hannigan
RB Paterson

LW Miller
DM Moult
CM Lenighan
AM Wilkinson
RM Richman

CF Reeves

Or push Paterson up on right side of mid and have Obeng at RB maybe dropping Wilkinson away from home.

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Team going forward?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 05:08:34 PM »

Ideally we need a couple more permanent signings to give us a fighting chance of staying up...

Deasy

Obeng        NEW SIGNING    Hannigan     McWilliams

Patterson        Lenighan      Moult          NEW SIGNING

Miller

Reeves

Subs..Dawber,Cyrus,Wilkinson,Richman,Marsh

Squad..Heathcote,Goodall,Lawrie,Cain

That gives us a 20 man squad that should be good enough to make a good fight of it. Anyone I've not mentioned should be paid off and released.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 06:42:58 PM »

Pretty sure Hannigan is out for a month, according to his Twitter:

"In for a week and out for a month, Tommy is a @Tampax 😐🔫 #gutted"

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »

Pretty sure Hannigan is out for a month, according to his Twitter:

"In for a week and out for a month, Tommy is a @Tampax 😐🔫 #gutted"

The guy has more injuries than Brendan Burke!!

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 07:43:00 PM »

I think Wilkinson has to play from the few games Iv seen he has become our best player

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 08:35:27 AM »

I'd rather have Miller over Wilkinson - and as discussed previously, we can only really afford to fit one of those two and Lawrie in at any one time.

I've never liked this 4411 (we seem to get played through), I'd rather have the 451 with Miller out left - I still think he can cut in and contribute from out there (more so than Lawrie anyway).

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 09:38:27 AM »

Without 2 half decent, fit and healthy centre backs you can play whatever team you like and it will be relegated.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 11:23:20 AM »

Without 2 half decent, fit and healthy centre backs you can play whatever team you like and it will be relegated.

Couldn't agree more

Cyrus is terrible, Hannigan never fit. We dont trust Heathcote for whether he's too inexperienced or we just dont think he's good enough, even next to Thomas. Thomas might not stay beyond his one month loan.

Essentially that means we have no real quality in defence that we can rely on.

I'd say two centre backs committed for the season, whether its Thomas and another or two new ones, is an absolute must to avoid relegation.

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 12:05:10 PM »

I'm afraid I'd have to add a goalkeeper to the defensive requirement. Tim Deasy is fine when he's fit, but like Tom Hannigan seems to be injured too frequently. Andy Dawber simply isn't good enough. Brian Clough always said the goalkeeper was the keystone of any team (which was why he paid big money for Peter Shilton) and I wouldn't disagree with him.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 01:00:31 PM »

Totally agree with fit defenders but people are missing the fact that we create a lot of pressure on our defence because we don't work hard enough in mid. Players who don't work hard enough are Wilkinson, Lawrie and Miller, talented players but they leave us open to counter attacks and don't have the pace to get back. This is why we maybe need a Richman or Paterson out wide to get back, for me Lawrie and Goodall need to sit out of a few games to see how we get on without them. We need grafters in the team not the occasional luxury players.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 02:59:53 PM »

I'm afraid I'd have to add a goalkeeper to the defensive requirement. Tim Deasy is fine when he's fit, but like Tom Hannigan seems to be injured too frequently. Andy Dawber simply isn't good enough. Brian Clough always said the goalkeeper was the keystone of any team (which was why he paid big money for Peter Shilton) and I wouldn't disagree with him.

Agreed

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 03:11:53 PM »

Well unfortunately the key is consistency at the back, something we've not been afforded this season. October was really our month to get out of trouble. We've a very tough November and December coming up and the only fixture that stands out as 3pts is Boxing Day (under our current guise/form) we showed a bit of promise at Lincoln, but I feel we are not going to score enough goals setting up as we are. And the individual errors are still plaguing us. We need to win 12 matches from 26 to stay up or at least win 10. There is time yet but we need to start getting points from this week and take maximum points at Christmas and during the run of easier games in March. I would hope if we are looking buried at new year that some form of plan is implemented as Kidderminster did last season, such as assurances from the manager that he would manage in the evostick and those players he'd want to keep. This isn't being negative, this is being realistic. Should the unthinkable happen, we cannot go through the same nonsense we have had this time around. Nobody wants it, and nobody wants to say it, and nobody wants to throw in the towel, but we have to be realistic about all this. "It won't happen" syndrome is what landed us in this league
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team going forward?