PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC United of Manchester, and more importantly ALTRINCHAM FC
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FC United of Manchester, and more importantly ALTRINCHAM FC  (Read 4432 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

Ok, let me begin by saying YES I am annoyed at FC United of Manchester playing their cup games at Moss Lane and have told this to Geoff Goodwin but lets ask ourselves why they are doing it ?..

We want a successful team on the pitch and this inturn costs MONEY, this is extra revenue that the club can use wisely...

I HATE to agree with a Manchester United fan (sorry FC whatever but its all the same) but maybe we should look at ourselves and how we are promoting and raising money for the club. When SAFE was around we raised loads for this football club and we were always looking at ways to raise more.

I think the supporters trust was the death of this side of the football club with too many 'rules and regulations' in it for the Supporters to raise the money they wanted to. Sorry but thats my opinon, I just think it was atotally bad idea now but hindsight is a great thing.

So what do you think .. Can we go to the days of raising £20,000+ a season for this football club ?

I know I want as many buckets going round next season as possible to helpers always required...
Plus maybe we can do some 'theme' days and try and attract people\businesses to the club ?

Any ideas ?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FC United of Manchester, and more importantly ALTRINCHAM FC
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »

Red and White day first home game of season including winning a signed ball, shirt, and a hit the crossbar challenge, buckets on gate with a suggested donation of £2 (£2 x 700 fans £1400) Just guess work there.

Christmas more or less the same for Boxing Day/NYD fixture, whoever we play whether that be Northwich/Droylsden/Staylbridge/Hyde a kind of themed event..

Could raise a good £2k maybe ?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »

Draw to have one of the sides of the ground named after you (not sure where we stand on that) £5 to enter get a good 250 to enter ?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:58:58 PM »

Draw to have one of the sides of the ground named after you (not sure where we stand on that) £5 to enter get a good 250 to enter ?

Taking this further we could put a cooperate package together where for say £2000 your business gets a few season tickets a bill board, program add and  entry to a draw for the naming of a stand for a season. If the club invested in a professional brochure highlighting points such as Setanta coverage the clubs aim to build community links and some of the investment going to the junior robins schemes I am sure a few would sign up. Maybe a freelance sales/marketing person could be brought in to work on this or similar Altrincham FC / local business links. A deal with one of the major supermarkets could be another beneficial link.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 08:00:48 PM »

Here Here

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »

How about advertising the bonus ball (friends draw) in the messenger (would they do it free in sports pages) see if we can get more to sign up to that and increase the number of prizes...

1st   £150
2nd  £75
3rd  £25
4th 3 home games free entry (oppurtunity to get floaters in ?)
5th free entry plus programme to a game
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:17:34 PM by blackpoolalty »

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 08:17:33 PM »

Good idea, I think with the lack of individual investors Alty have to attract support from the local firms, maybe a yearly summer tournament could be hosted by the club where local firms play each other at Moss Lane for a trophy, could open the bar and make a mini festival of it whilst improving links. ???

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »

How about all 900 of our hardcore joining the yankee lottery thus givning the club a great weekley income and swelling the prize fund.

Seriously how many people on here are in the yankee? even if you live in australia you can pay on standing order, £1 a week.This forum has 854 members, maybe 800 of which are alty fans, we should ALL pay a pound a week on standing order into the yankee, seriously a gew hundered more in the yankee would make a huge difference.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »

what about putting a large advertising hoarding up on MossL Lane, the club could rent the space to a football related company  ???

Foz

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 08:58:22 PM »

How about all 900 of our hardcore joining the yankee lottery thus givning the club a great weekley income and swelling the prize fund.

Seriously how many people on here are in the yankee? even if you live in australia you can pay on standing order, £1 a week.This forum has 854 members, maybe 800 of which are alty fans, we should ALL pay a pound a week on standing order into the yankee, seriously a gew hundered more in the yankee would make a huge difference.

An alternative to the Yankee is the Friends of Altrincham draw. Approximately half the money coming in gets paid out as a prize each month, and all money raised goes to the club. Each entry is £5 per month.

If anyone wants to join the draw, please don't hesitate to email me at :- friendsofaltyfc@hotmail.co.uk

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 10:08:31 PM »

People are more likely to join the yankee if

1. They can enter online
2. They can pick their own horses

I wrote to ideas4alty suggesting a football alternative. I'm not sure if it is being considered for next season.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »

1. They can enter online

I wrote to ideas4alty suggesting a football alternative. I'm not sure if it is being considered for next season.
You don't pick horses you are given a 4 figure number see here for more details www.altrinchamfc.com

The yankee hardley makes a profit at the moment some will say its because of the commission payed to the collectors, If you don't have collectors you don't have a yankee and most of them have nothing to do with the club other than collecting on the yankee.
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 10:26:45 PM »

1. They can enter online

You don't pick horses you are given a 4 figure number see here for more details www.altrinchamfc.com

The yankee hardley makes a profit at the moment some will say its because of the commission payed to the collectors, If you don't have collectors you don't have a yankee and most of them have nothing to do with the club other than collecting on the yankee.

We wouldnt need any more collectors is everyone opted to take out a £1 a week standing order for it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Hodgey

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 10:23:21 AM »

All very good ideas, but the best revenue for the club on a long term basis is increasing the fan base because we also get residual spending on top of the ticket price.

Please renew or purchase a season ticket regardless of our league status
Please encourage others to attend the games next year
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC United of Manchester, and more importantly ALTRINCHAM FC