News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cambridge United

Author Topic: Cambridge United  (Read 2173 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Cambridge United
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:32:32 PM »

we need something from this game i think but i would also settle for a good attacking performance hopefully we will take the game to them il say 1-1 predictions??

radcliffe alty

Re: Cambridge United
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 08:01:20 PM »

Anything less than 4 points from the next 2 games would be disasterous for me. If there isn't a reaction from the players on Tuesday night and we see another completely tactically wrong performance then what chance the fans do the unthinkable and start to turn on players/management? They've led a charmed life in that respect for a long time now, and we have to be the most patient and realistic fans there are (to our credit). But I for one cannot take much more utter sh*te.

penfold

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:49:34 PM »

I want to see the same score line as last year, that would be very nice. No but seriously i think we will win 2-1 take the game right to them.

joe

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »

For some reason and i really don't know why i think we may get something out of this game so i'm going for     Alty 2  Cambridge 2

samba

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 11:35:57 PM »

I've got to be honest i've been relatively hopeful this year despite the poor start, convinced each game that GH will see the error of his ways and that the players will put in a performance.  Having seen the performance at Woking, at just watching GH leaning on the boards and not giving a crap, I really have lost all faith and confidence.  I can see Cambridge going the same as usual, we'll go down one, then push forward and concede again.  SO, I reckon Cambridge 2 - 0 Alty.  I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong.  Either way, I'll still be there singing with the lads (and i'm even going to get my first replica shirt for about half a decade.  Every little helps :D)

Come on Alty!

daisy

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 09:00:24 PM »

I think we'll win 4-1... :-\

flaggerN

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »

Football's a funny old game. We've not won and they have not lost. Big performance from Mr Little required as he hasn't got going yet and maybe just maybe we can sneak something. Patience is a virtue and when we get the first win we will kick on from there. More new players added in the last few games means more time required to settle in. Yes to the moaners we have seen some poor performances but most seem to agree that the squad is better than last year. When we put 3 or 4 wins together and settle into mid table all will be forgotten                  COME ON YOU ROBINS

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

The improvement in individual players cannot be disputed. The manner in which they are being deployed is the real bone of contention.

Here's hoping for a good solid performance tomorrow night and a decent result.

Good luck lads!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cambridge United