PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tv game lost
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tv game lost  (Read 8664 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Tv game lost
« on: September 05, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »

bit of a blow to the club i think .Do we lose the tv money as well or was that a pre paid contract to the club,even so would have been nice to get a tv game

baldrick

Re: Tv game lost
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 06:07:05 PM »

This makes Setanta look very amateur.

altyf

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 06:10:03 PM »

F*ck sake...pissed off now, and i thought the coverage and everythinwas awesome and they seemed to look upon the part time teams more favourably than others, but i fear my opinion is changing rapidly.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »

What a bunch of T**ts Setanta are.

For the fans who couldn't travel Cambridge United had laid on a special treat - £2 for access to the players bar, big screen, food buffet the full whack all for nothing because of tinpot Setanta. It also means we lose out on £2k and you lose £6k.

Shouldn't Setanta honour the tv payments as compensation?

I bet Sky are laughing their bollocks off.

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 06:18:25 PM »

I bet Sky haven't even noticed!  If they had missed out on a Champions League game because they had to honour a commitment to Alty and Cambridge then Sky would be laughing.  As usual, no one cares about the little teams, they'll just have to lump it and upsetting the odd non-league fan who had stumped up their cash on the basis of this game (me) won't bother them in the slightest, despite the e-mail I'm about to send them!

penfold

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 06:23:18 PM »

Im very pissed about this. I thought that the TV coverage would have helped the club out a fair bit due to the money involved. If you thing about it, there might have been a possibility more people turned up for the game as it would have been on TV, therefore the club gaining from fans. then add the fee from setanta we would have made loads in 1 night.
If you ask me it a bit ov a crap excuse they have used because SKY an ITV have rights to Champios League games not Setanta! There doing this becuae we are a Part time Team in A full time league

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 06:23:59 PM »

What is their email address? I might send them a little something myself, and i'll encourage other Cambridge fans to do so.

penfold

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 06:32:11 PM »

What is their email address? I might send them a little something myself, and i'll encourage other Cambridge fans to do so.

lol good idea we should get some vote of discust going an go an post it to them premiership suporting  fools at the setanta office
they have cost both clubs mioney if you ask me.

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 06:35:38 PM »

I'm just glad I decided against subscribing to the channel last weekend (on the strength of only wanting to see one game).

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 06:39:18 PM »

If you thing about it, there might have been a possibility more people turned up for the game as it would have been on TV, therefore the club gaining from fans.

I think you might be wide of the mark there Penfold, why would people turn up if they could watch it on tv, if they're not all watching UNited in the Champions league. From what Chris has just said about Cambridge I'd expect them to bring about 100 less than they did last year due to them being able to watch it on tv.

I don't think we're missing out that much at all, it shows why the conference decided to take a lump sum for everyone at the start though.

penfold

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 07:07:10 PM »

Well you can look at it both ways , some people might thing, (this applying to people supporting Alty more than Cambridge) that they might have there "15 mins of fame" if they turn up to a game which is beeing shown on the tv. Therefore posible boosting profits up slightly.

Bath Alty

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 07:13:01 PM »

e-mail address is SupportUK@setanta.tv

my note reads as follows

Dear Sir,

I read on my club's website that you will not be showing Altricham vs Cambridge on the 18th of this month due to a clash with Champions League.  If this is true (your website still shows this game in schedules) I am extremely disappointed.  I had subscribed specifically for this game as an Alty fan living in the South of the country.

I am staggered that a supposedly professional organisation with ambitions to rival Sky in football and sports coverage were not able to predict that the Champions League matches would be taking place on the same night before now.  Even if there was an element of doubt about whether you would be covering a Tuesday or Wednesday night game, letting people know that the Alty vs Cambridge game was provisional would have been helpful - I would have delayed my subscription until it was comfirmed and I'm sure Cambridge would have appreciated the warning when planning their event at the club around your coverage.

The complete lack of consideration you have shown for the fans of these two clubs (and others you have treated in this way) does nothing to encourage non-league fans to support you.  Many fans are annoyed by the need to move games for TV coverage, in some cases games that are not being shown live have to move to give teams time to recover.  If this is the price we pay for decent TV coverage then we have to accept that but if we pay this price when it suits you and then you treat us with complete distain when you have a better offer then your involvement in our league will not go down well.

I would like to cancel my subscription please and I would also like my first month's fees returned as the event I signed up for will no longer be shown for reasons you were completely aware of when I signed up.  My user name is xxxxx

Not a good start to your involvement with the Blue Square Premier.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 07:22:20 PM »

Top stuff Bath Alty, could you post a reply if you get one? I'd imagine it will be full of excuses and quite laughable.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 07:26:31 PM »

There doing this becuae we are a Part time Team in A full time league

I'm pretty sure that has absolutely nothing to do with it.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 08:25:27 PM »

I would rather watch some proper football than watch Liverpool bore us to death in the Chumpions League.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tv game lost