News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics sign again!

Author Topic: Vics sign again!  (Read 1423 times)

louise1925

Vics sign again!
« on: January 17, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »

Vics have signed 3 more players today bringing their squad up to almost 40 players. How on earth can they afford to do that?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vics sign again!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 02:49:30 PM »

If I were being cynical, I would say..........."easily, because they never pay any of their other bills"

If intended to do a 'runner' from a restaurant, then does it matter if I have the fillet steak & champagne or the chicken nuggets and lambrini
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 02:55:07 PM »

Its what all normal clubs do isn't it...its sound business sense.

You have just come away from near closure, still owing hundreds of thousands and still splitting a lot of your income with the previous chairman.  Crowds are at an all time low and you occupy the relegation place.

Best thing to to do is to go and get a squad of 35 players (i reckon its that many).

Not 100% sure what the other 19 who are not involved on a matchday do each week.  Painting? Sweeping?

Don't think admin again will go down to well with the Conference board.

Jacko

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 03:03:41 PM »

it's a clear sign of desperation, in my opinion building a squad of that size without having to think about champs league fa cup league cup and so on is quite frankly insane ???

markecky

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 06:48:06 PM »

There was panic at the home of Manchester United Reserves and Northwich it looked like the squad number could drop to 32....however two of the loan players have agreed to stay to allow them to keep the numbers above two full first team squads.

VICS' borrowed pair are to stay at the Marston's Arena a little longer.

Soon after Scott Tynan signed his new contract, manager Dino Maamria had a further announcement to make on Lucas Akins and Nat Kerr.

"They want to carry on playing here," he said.
advertisement

Teenage front runner Akins will play in green for a third month after Huddersfield Town boss Andy Ritchie gave his blessing yesterday, Wednesday.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics sign again!