News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 mind numbing

Author Topic: mind numbing  (Read 2110 times)

bowdon boy

mind numbing
« on: August 27, 2007, 08:10:49 PM »

another mind numbing performance.to be fair both sides looked relegation fodder,neither side looked like scoring.two positives from today.
firstly whalley looked creative playing at the head of 5 man diamond midfield,unfortunately nobody ahead of him to pass to,although senior ran his socks of as the lone striker.secondly,stafford like halifax look well capable of finishing below us.definitely 2 points dropped.189 inthe away end plus few in the stand

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: mind numbing
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 08:17:54 PM »

would have to agree, lets hope we can improve.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 07:58:54 AM »

I wouldn't say today was a mind numbing performance. I'm as pessimistic as anyone, even when we're good, but today was an improvement. We passed it quite well and showed a bit of threat going forward, Segdemore and Whalley had their best games in an Alty shirt. Lane was absolutely tremendous again and Senior worked his socks off. We looked decent with Pottsy on in the second half in a 5 man midfield and Lawton playing well as the right hand side of the middle three.

I've given Robbie a bit of a slating recently but today he played well in the first 20 mins when he psuhed very far forward and we were playing almost 4-3-3 at times, not so well after that when he reverted back to his normal position with obvious results but agaian a good second half in the new formation. I have a theory that I'll share with you later.

To be honest, its a shame we conceded the penalty, a misunderstandin between 2 players who haven't played regularly so far (Rosey looked like it was his first game for years, never mind this season). Up til this point we were in control and Staffor dhad looked like a bottom of the league side. After there goal they got a lift and caused us a couple of problems, as well as becoming more physical. I think they're trying to become more of a conference side but it's at the expense of what has served them well.

Two average part time teams, completely shorn of confidence in a game that had either lost would have been soul destroying. We looked nervous as hell at the back. Had we not had such a bad start I firmly believe we would have got 3 points today, they were there for the taking ( I think Grays actually were on Sat too) but I can see why we didn't quite capitalise. A shame really as they'll struggle too. Last season of course if we had drawn either of our 2 defeats agaianst Stafford we'd have stayed up so that's one positive. Having said this, Staffs could say very similar on there forum I suspect.  :-\

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 08:05:21 AM »

A draw away from home against a team thats going to be around about us come what May. Can't say I'm too upset at all.

If we can beat Halifax and Stafford at home thats 4pts off them over a season which is superb.

Must admit some of the heckling and over the top reactions to our performance in the second half just made me think do people just like moaning now. We had 1pt so far and going away from home to a team which must have seen us as their winnable game at home and getting a well deserved draw.

We were a better footballing side than them and created the better chances. I say it was a big improvement by Alty. Granted the opposition was not brilliant but it proves we can at least compete against the teams we should be competing with.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 08:21:56 AM »

Some top points there gaz. I think that's where some of the frustration has come from though, or certainly mine has. Perhaps we all ogt a bit overexcited against Exeter and FGR is a difficult place to go but for me, Halifax and Grays were poor sides. To be fair, I expected a hard game at Fax, by the time we realised they were sh*t at home as well this year we were 2 down so could only realistically pull it back.

Saturday v Grays, we just played as if it was the Grays side of 2 years ago. If we'd had soemthing about us we would have won that (perhaps if Warren had scored?).

Again, unfortunately because of that we were always nervous today. If we had a win under our belts I reckon we'd have gone to town on them today.

Although our start has been disappointing, I have seen 2 worse sides than us out of 5 so far. If Farsley, Histon, Droylsden, and maybe Northwich, Weymouth, a.n. other are of similar standard I think we can stay up (comfortably strangely enough) provided w take 4 points of them all.

Put it this way, the league is taking shape and 51 points this season would see you enjoying the last 3/4 games  stress free.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »

Must admit some of the heckling and over the top reactions to our performance in the second half just made me think do people just like moaning now. We had 1pt so far and going away from home to a team which must have seen us as their winnable game at home and getting a well deserved draw.

Good point about the moaning. I was gutted after Saturday which I thought was very poor but terms like "mind numbing" in an away draw are surely a bit excessive.

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 10:22:13 AM »

I think it's also well worth remembering that last season we came away from Stafford with no points at all so to get a point, irrespective of our performance, is quite pleasing. Stafford is not an easy place to go to.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »

But thankfully an easy place to get out of  ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 02:15:25 PM »

We gifted Stafford 6 (well at least 4) points last season so at least we've rectified that. Like I said, if 2 out of the first 5 sides are worse than us then it's not as bad as it seems.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 mind numbing