News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote number two?

Author Topic: heathcote number two?  (Read 1441 times)

Alex

heathcote number two?
« on: December 30, 2007, 09:40:17 PM »

just a thought that was shared with me yesterday that i have been pondering is the possibility of GH stepping down from being the manager to being an assistant to a new manager? does anyone else think this could be the case?

from altrinchamfc.com

According to the Manchester Evening News, "Under-fire Altrincham boss Graham Heathcote (left) will hold crisis talks with chairman Geoff Goodwin early in the New Year after being hit by the loss of his assistant, Dalton Steele (right). Ex-Droyslden chief Steele has quit... in the wake of Alty losing their home Boxing Day basement battle with neighbours Northwich... Heathcote, who described the defeat by Vics as 'my lowest point of the season so far', says he will soldier on alone for the time being. But he will discuss his own position with Goodwin when the latter returns from holiday in just over a week. 'Dalton was very frustrated, as I am, and it might be best that I, too, step aside to make way for a fresh face' said Heathcote... 'My priority is to get players in during the January transfer window. But it may be that a simpler solution would be for me to go and allow the club to bring in a new manager with a different approach'".

Dougals Dad

Re: heathcote number two?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »

Its a thought.

But would a new manager want GH, with his reputation & history, as a No2?

The only other option I can see is that GH has a No2 who will take over the coaching while GH moves to a "Director of Football" role - but, again, would a new man go for that?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:05:36 PM »

more chance of us making the playoffs

Lew Needham

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »

I agree with this post. I still feel that Heathcote has something to give in a coach/management capacity.

If the time comes to change managers then if someone came in who Heathcote was friendly with then maybe this could work.

During some of the time when he was assistant to Kingy they worked successfully. also when he was assistant to Bernard it was a success with Bernards reign going shaped when Heathcote left his coaching staff.

Although performances of late have shown lack of fight,for the majority of Heathcote's reign he has managed to get players to show plenty of fight and loyalty to Altrincham FC. These assets could certainly only assist a new manager.     
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote number two?