PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 tomorrows game....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: tomorrows game....  (Read 4130 times)

Alex

tomorrows game....
« on: August 03, 2009, 07:19:01 PM »

Has just been mentioned on "the paddy crerand show" on MUTV

fuertes

Re: tomorrows game....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »

Any mention of who might be playing for them?

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:27:18 PM »

junior vermin.

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 08:50:01 PM »

junior vermin.

So it's been changed to Alty vs Liverpool Under 11s?

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »

Red Devils: Ron Robert Zieler, Danny Simpson, Oliver Gill (Reece Brown 63), James Chester (C Scott Wootton 64) Ritchie De Laet, David Gray, Magnus Eikrem, Sam Hewson (Scott Moffatt 83), Febian Brandy (Cameron Stewart 46), Tom Cleverley, Joe Dudgeon (Tom Heaton 74). Substitutes not used: Nicky Ajose.

This is the "Man Utd XI" that beat luton 2-1 the other week so can't see it being much different.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 08:55:39 PM »

Red Devils: Ron Robert Zieler, Danny Simpson, Oliver Gill (Reece Brown 63), James Chester (C Scott Wootton 64) Ritchie De Laet, David Gray, Magnus Eikrem, Sam Hewson (Scott Moffatt 83), Febian Brandy (Cameron Stewart 46), Tom Cleverley, Joe Dudgeon (Tom Heaton 74). Substitutes not used: Nicky Ajose.

This is the "Man Utd XI" that beat luton 2-1 the other week so can't see it being much different.

Didn't I read somewhere that in return for upgrading our changing rooms for the reserves, Utd would send a decent squad ? Also my dad just said GG was on 5 live regarding the shares to Ponting, more coverage for the club  :)

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 09:45:17 PM »

Didn't I read somewhere that in return for upgrading our changing rooms for the reserves, Utd would send a decent squad ? Also my dad just said GG was on 5 live regarding the shares to Ponting, more coverage for the club  :)

Considering most of the players in that team were playing regularly on loan at league one clubs last year I'd say they look like a fairly decent bunch.

Macheda played last year, now he is a big name.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 10:16:28 PM »

It will probably be the above squad with a couple of big names thrown in for 45 minutes.

It would be a bit rude if we kept our side of the bargain by making improvements to the changing rooms and they just trotted out their reserves!
Come on Alty!

Butty

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »

Am I just the only wishful thinker here or is Mr Hargreaves due a return? ;)

Alex

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »

Am I just the only wishful thinker here or is Mr Hargreaves due a return? ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8155610.stm

It will probably be the above squad with a couple of big names thrown in for 45 minutes.

It would be a bit rude if we kept our side of the bargain by making improvements to the changing rooms and they just trotted out their reserves!

doubt there will be as they have a first team freindly against Valencia on wednesday (be a bit rude to trot out the reserves when people have paid £20)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 10:53:49 PM »

doubt there will be as they have a first team freindly against Valencia on wednesday (be a bit rude to trot out the reserves when people have paid £20)

I'm only going off what the news item on our official website last week. I'm sure a couple of first teamers could struggle through a 45 minute jog round Moss Lane and then a nothing riendly at Old Trafford the following night.

It would clearly be bang out of order if they promised to send a good team down for our friendly and then just sent a load of no-mark reserves! Nobody is expecting the starting lineup for the first league game but a couple of "names" wouldn't go amiss.
Come on Alty!

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »

will people be getting their forum names written on aswell?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 11:34:44 PM »

I'm only going off what the news item on our official website last week. I'm sure a couple of first teamers could struggle through a 45 minute jog round Moss Lane and then a nothing riendly at Old Trafford the following night.

It would clearly be bang out of order if they promised to send a good team down for our friendly and then just sent a load of no-mark reserves! Nobody is expecting the starting lineup for the first league game but a couple of "names" wouldn't go amiss.

I think United have promised to send a 'strong' side. Now to me, that one that they played against Luton iare a bunch of nobodies really. In Utd's view that will be more than a strong side. And in fairness it'll probably win 3-0 like it did last year.

I remember the days when they'd send down Gary Walsh, Russell Beardsmore, Billy Garton, Tony Gill, Wayne Bullimore, Deniol Graham etc

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 11:40:11 PM »

Fair enough, in it's own right their reserve team is a strong side. However, to ask us to make improvements to our facilities with the promise that they'll send a strong side in pre-season suggests it will be something stronger than they sent last year.
Come on Alty!

Alex

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 11:49:46 PM »

not having a go at what you said, just pointing out a fact that they have a first team freindly the next day and chelsea on sunday. so i doubt "names" will be risked playing two games back to back a week after they just returned from an asia tour and the audi cup.

more than likely you may see:

craig cathcart - played against bayern munich in audi cup
danny simpson - played for blackburn rovers last year
cory evans - northern ireland international (brother of jonny)
danny welbeck - depends if he's being rested from england under 19's duty
tom heaton - spent last year as cardiff citys number 1

and the gaffa is a united "name" - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

they might not be people you've heard of now but as pointed out before, kiko mecheda played agianst us last year and who knew who he was?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:58:40 PM by Cymru Alty »
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 tomorrows game....