PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH isnt going anywhere
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GH isnt going anywhere  (Read 5481 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: GH isnt going anywhere
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 07:38:07 AM »

punching above our weight in the Conference National

Will we be saying that in 10yrs time ? and how is "Look at where we were 5 years ago" anything to do with having short memories ? 

Yes WELL DONE for everything that has been achieved no one is disputing that but thats in THE PAST and the clubs needs to go FORWARDS. I hope we can and why not with Graham but the fact is that if results \ tactics \ formations do not improve then there is only one person to blame.. I'm afraid thats football and 'm sure Graham knows that ?

If we are always looking at the 'past' then why did we sack Bernard Taylor ? He won loads of trophies for us but sadly he was eventually not good enough for the job as he ran out of ideas.

IF we got relegated to Conference North, then Unibond Prem, Then Unibond 1 could we then say "Well you have short memories cos look what happened 8yrs go" .. Don't be daft.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 08:32:49 AM »

If you're going to call for a reality check, then at least pay a little more attention to reality yourself. We got six points from the 9 corresponding games last season (we did win one game, beating Grays, and drew with Aldershot, Halifax, FGR), compared to three this season.

It really is time for a reality check. Who would come in and do a better job than GH with the lack of money available? We are a part time team in a full time league. Before the Cambridge game, we only have 1 less point from the 9 games than we had from the corresponding 9 games last season. We did not win any of those 9 corresponding fixtures last season. This just goes to show what a tough start to the season we have had. I still, strongly, believe that we will get our first win on Saturday, and things will start to roll from there.
Whatever happens, GH has earned the right, in my opinion, to see us through this tricky spell and he will do. Any change would be a backward step and would see the club much worse off. Why do we have such short memories at Alty? Look at where we were 5 years ago, and what we have been through, and it is a miracle that we are still here at all, let alone punching above our weight in the Conference National.

Midlands Alty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 09:37:49 AM »

I do not disagree that, ultimately, results/tactics/formations will result in GH having to go, but the time is far too early to be talking of such things. If we got relegated to Conference North, and a few months ago we all thought we had been, it would not be a complete disaster (in my eyes), and noone was calling for GH's head back then as far as I can remember. As far as, beyond that, being relegated furtheris concerned, I think GH would be gone long before that came about if we were in that position, but we are not. We are where we expected to be - in the relegation scrap. We have, at times (Oxford at home, Aldershot at home) shown enough to suggest that we can get out of it. At other times (Woking away especially)we have looked like we have no idea how to get out of it. But that is the way it has been supporting Alty for as long as I can remember.
Like it or not, we are punching above our weight in this league. It is no good calling me daft, or anything else, as this is just a fact.
 I am ever so sorry to have miscalculated the points Leon, but the point I am trying to make remains the same.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 09:46:39 AM »

Here's my thoughts as a fan who has taken the boards advice and hasn't been yet this year so am not entitled to an intelligent balanced view from the outisde looking in;

It's been suggested that the 'cote takes a break and leaves things to Dalton.

Good idea....but I'm wondering if the 'cote is already doing that (half time at Woking???)

The 'cote has (as many said) made some great signings...he just needs to mould them into a team and let them gel...he'll have more options when Mr Berkley returns.

It's very odd that he doesn't use the new left back but is he not match fit?

When he came back and took over from bernard he instantly improved the balance of the side by signing Chris Adams and Sean Smith...sean was I think not up to that level  but being left footed just tidied up the team.
He showed he understands balance with our play off winning side (although it took a few months to finally pair Marcus and Colin as his main pairing up front after initially thinking Colin was a left winger)

We've been robust and balanced for the first two conference seasons.

I think the frustration is we've now got better players but we are unbalanced...I think we'd have been better using Asa at right back and not signing Lane and using the money on the left side..but having signed Lane he then plays Asa at left back. As fans we would be more patient if we are told Clancy is not fit yet so Asa is our best option instead of scrathcin our heads and wondering what's going on...comes down to PR.

I think the'cote will find the balanced side that many have offered on this forum...come on 'cote don't be stiubborn....we're all realsitic and really just hoped for just above the relegation zone comfort this season.

A new manager may cock things right up...all those managers we've tried in the past for instant success?

Anyway saturday will be a big test as one up front (yes even Joe on his tod) is understandable against the big guns....but we are on a level playing field with Droylsden..I doubt they'll be that cautious with us!!

If it's a  ridiculous formation and a poor one Vs Droylsden then i'd suggest to the board they give graham a 3 wk holiday in the bahamas, leave dalton to do what he can and then have the 'cote back for the xmas run in refreshed and with new ideas??

Jethro Bodene

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 02:15:47 PM »

Graham Heathcote is working his socks off for this club. With a part-time club and a very limited budget, he is doing all he can to get this team up the league. It's no coincidence that all the teams at the bottom are part-time as well. No other manager could do any better with what we've got at present ::). Once we start knocking the manager, negativity starts to find its way into the club and things get worse. Like wise the Chairman and board who have turned the club from a failing local club, into one that can rival any other off the pitch. We've had some bloody tough games so far and not always played badly. Stick with it guys; Things can only get better!

Inaura

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 02:45:04 PM »

Mourinho's currently looking for work.  :-\

DarrenH

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 02:57:44 PM »

And by all accounts has £25 million in the bank !!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH isnt going anywhere