PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley at Home.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Barnsley at Home.  (Read 44293 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barnsley at Home.
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2015, 04:01:13 PM »

I'll be shocked if we're not a highlights game on MOTD along with Maidstone v Yeovil.

I need a bit of help here. I've re-read the following link a number of times. I can't see any mention that there's going to be any ties shown on MOTD on Saturday night what with all this new coverage.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34657302

This makes a difference to the Sunday 2pm possibility. By my reckoning there are now currently 22 outstanding ties featuring non leafue sides.

9 where the non league team is at home to a league side and 8 vice versa with 5 ties where both sides are non league.

Now even assuming that all 8 Sunday are from the 9 home ones it leaves a fixture on Saturday. So would they want one like ours for sat MOTD or leave it entirely?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »

Port Vale v Maidenhead moved to 3pm Sunday to avoid clash with Stoke v Chelsea on the Saturday apparently.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2015, 05:37:08 PM »

I'll be shocked if we're not a highlights game on MOTD along with Maidstone v Yeovil.

I need a bit of help here. I've re-read the following link a number of times. I can't see any mention that there's going to be any ties shown on MOTD on Saturday night what with all this new coverage.

This makes a difference to the Sunday 2pm possibility. By my reckoning there are now currently 22 outstanding ties featuring non leafue sides.

9 where the non league team is at home to a league side and 8 vice versa with 5 ties where both sides are non league.

Now even assuming that all 8 Sunday are from the 9 home ones it leaves a fixture on Saturday. So would they want one like ours for sat MOTD or leave it entirely?

Being totally speculative,  they will be doing a football focus live from one of the Saturday match venues. That indicates there will be an outside broadcast unit of sorts, and a better standard of coverage as opposed to just a camera showing the goals. So that could in theory be on motd as highlights.

Or I could just be talking bollocks...

Jimmy

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2015, 05:41:00 PM »

With the options of the games left I would think we will be a game on a highlights show

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2015, 06:09:56 PM »

Being totally speculative,  they will be doing a football focus live from one of the Saturday match venues. That indicates there will be an outside broadcast unit of sorts, and a better standard of coverage as opposed to just a camera showing the goals. So that could in theory be on motd as highlights.

Or I could just be talking bollocks...

And given BBC Sport close proximity to Moss Lane, Football Focus could well be at ours.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

GB Alty

« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2015, 07:10:16 PM »

With the options of the games left I would think we will be a game on a highlights show
there isn't a FA cup highlights show on Saturday night anymore for rounds one and two. Well wasn't last year anyway

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2015, 07:18:52 PM »

there isn't a FA cup highlights show on Saturday night anymore for rounds one and two. Well wasn't last year anyway

There's the highlights show on Sunday teatime. That could have a feature game or two possibly?

GB Alty

« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2015, 07:23:24 PM »

There's the highlights show on Sunday teatime. That could have a feature game or two possibly?
yes but the BBC focus is on the Sunday, they will only have proper cameras at the eight sunday games for starters

Lets just get Barnsley beat, TV can wait for the next round

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2015, 07:27:40 PM »

yes but the BBC focus is on the Sunday, they will only have proper cameras at the eight sunday games for starters

Lets just get Barnsley beat, TV can wait for the next round

Football focus live from a ground is Saturday. Final score and the highlights show is Sunday.

We will just have to wait and see.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2015, 12:55:10 AM »

If it is made all ticket will the restricted view seats in the main stand due to the poor design of the CSH be cheaper than normal main stand tickets?

Yes

I can't see any evidence that this has happened.

Ticket Prices

Standing: Adults £14 Concessions £9
    Seating: Adults £15 Concessions £10
    Disabled with Helper: Combined price £14
    12-16 year olds: £5
    Under 12: £2

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley at Home.