PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexhams fans
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wrexhams fans  (Read 4958 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Wrexhams fans
« on: August 25, 2008, 04:09:35 PM »

I thought they were excellent today. An amazing turnout. The biggest away crowd i can remember for a long time.There were even in our end buying food from the snack bar.

Bit quieter vocally than i had expected; hope you all had a good day out- see you at your place for the return fixture  8)

As far as we were concerned much improved it almost blotted out the horror show that was kiddy away.
ParkINson's red and white army

Draig Wrecsam

Re: Wrexhams fans
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 04:59:38 PM »

Was a good turnout from our lot but as you said we were unusually quiet. It's always difficult when you're an open terrace to get an atmosphere going and the rubbish we had to endure on the pitch didn't exactly inspire us to raise our voices. Not to mention the stupid early kick off preventing us from having a few pre match bevvies. Shame really for your local businesses as they missed out on a good bit of custom thanks to the local gestapo!

As for the match, can't deny you deserved at least a point. If we continue to play that poorly away from home we'll be lucky to even make the playoffs. You certainly seem to have the fight to stay up off your own backs this season, best of luck and hope to see a good number of you make the trip to the Racecourse, hopefully at a more sociable hour!

James Black

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »

Well Done to the boys great performance. Wrexhams fans were fantastic there support there pleasentness at the snack bar was great we had a laugh with a few of them whilst waiting can't wait to go to there place to go one better and get all 3 pts. Lets just hope now that saturday we don't do a barrow or kettering and lose or draw to teams we should be beating

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:16:19 PM »

As usual, the 'we should have beaten/beating teams like Altrincham 5-0' brigade out in full force.

http://www.red-passion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33315&page=6

How about some GOD DAMN CREDIT MORONS !!!

They had an extra 2 days rest, we are part time, we played well they didn't, pat on the back thankyou !

More and more of these ex-league clubs turn up thinking 3 points are in the bag, it was very obvious thats what they thought today.

MORONS !!

Draig Wrecsam

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 06:20:52 PM »

Think you're a bit wide of the mark there Blackpoolalty, the reason our fans were so frustrated was because you are a part time team, lost 4-0 48 hours earlier, we are full time and had an extra 2 days to prepare. It wasn't just disbelief we didn't win but of how poorly we performed.

I think you'll find Wrexham fans are a lot more realistic about how difficult this league will be to get out to than seemingly some of our players.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 06:23:12 PM »

Think you're a bit wide of the mark there Blackpoolalty, the reason our fans were so frustrated was because you are a part time team, lost 4-0 48 hours earlier, we are full time and had an extra 2 days to prepare. It wasn't just disbelief we didn't win but of how poorly we performed.

I think you'll find Wrexham fans are a lot more realistic about how difficult this league will be to get out to than seemingly some of our players.

Like I said, how about some credit then ?

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »

More and more of these ex-league clubs turn up thinking 3 points are in the bag,

Shhhhhh! If they all do that then we stand a better chance of getting something off them.
Let them underestimate us. It will favour us, not them.

As long as all of us give the team the respect and credit they deserve (when they deserve it) then who cares what other teams' fans think?

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 06:27:17 PM »

To be fair there are other posts on our site giving us credit for playing well.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »

More and more of these ex-league clubs turn up thinking 3 points are in the bag,

Shhhhhh! If they all do that then we stand a better chance of getting something off them.
Let them underestimate us. It will favour us, not them.

As long as all of us give the team the respect and credit they deserve (when they deserve it) then who cares what other teams' fans think?

It just really pisses me off when they think its their 'right' to be beating teams like us and in essence shouldn't really have to come because we should have been relegated and they should be awarded the 3 points

They will be in this league a long time unless their attitudes change, fans and players. I mean it doesn't bode well when your captain is having a hissy fit with another player in the middle of the park !!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »

I refer you to todays match thread on their forum, not 3 Wrexham fans that are registerd on our forum...

Draig Wrecsam

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 06:33:01 PM »

I refer you to todays match thread on their forum, not 3 Wrexham fans that are registerd on our forum...

In fairness, don't you think fans posting on their own forum are more likely to discuss their own team's problems? There's nobody saying you didn't deserve at least a point today and certainly no disrespect of the league as you seem to enjoy suggesting.

Jono333

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 06:35:54 PM »

I think someone's a bit bitter, i see you haven't credited our away support and the money we've given to your club either?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 06:36:58 PM »

In fairness, don't you think fans posting on their own forum are more likely to discuss their own team's problems? There's nobody saying you didn't deserve at least a point today and certainly no disrespect of the league as you seem to enjoy suggesting.

Your obviously reading another thread then ! heard it and seen it all before mate, and that team (Oxford) are still here !

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 06:41:44 PM »

I think someone's a bit bitter, i see you haven't credited our away support and the money we've given to your club either?

Not at all, I spent a lot of time at the game speaking to a few other supporters saying how in all the time i've followed Alty theres not been too many times I recall the away team bringing 1,500. I'm not bitter as 1 point was 1 more than I expected !! And indeed we could well have been playing Solihull Moors today in front off 600, so of course i'm delighted we are in the BSP playing teams like Wrexham.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 06:51:52 PM »

Personally speaking I'm delighted at the 1600 paying fans Wrexham brought and the money they spent.

I'm delighted with the point we got

And I'm totally delighted with the performance we put in after Saturday.

Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexhams fans