News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I am getting nervous

Author Topic: I am getting nervous  (Read 2861 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
I am getting nervous
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:03:25 AM »

Ill be honest a few weeks into the close season in my head we were all set for a 4th succesive relegation( if Halifax handed us a reprieve that is )- However after seeing us in pre season i am actually starting to hold out hope of us avoiding relegation on our own merit- how amazing would that be??

Dont get me wrong im generally a very positive person but 3 seasons of "relegation" prepares you for the worst.

I am really pleased with the new additions- and if they play to there potential as a team we are looking good.

I cant personally remember such a good series of pre season results for a long time??

Lets hope this continues into the "real" football.

What are every one else's feelings- for me its the same as last season any thing above 4th bottom is a result.

Come on Alty  8)
ParkINson's red and white army

Froz

Re: I am getting nervous
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 09:40:58 AM »

on any normal day I would agree with you but seen as you have sold me out over the 'NEW YEAR DEBACLE' we are finished

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:23:39 AM »

on any normal day I would agree with you but seen as you have sold me out over the 'NEW YEAR DEBACLE' we are finished

Me me me
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »

After seing the last three pre-season's we do look a lot better than last year. The main differnce is the keeping and passing of the ball.

I've been impressed with all the newbies, however thay have only been pre-season's and the first test comes on sat.

The back five pretty much pick themselves, it's midfield and up front where the selection decisons will have to be made. Can't really see Denham, Elam, Little and Jonson  and starting at Woking. Nice problems for the management to have.

If reading about  the going on at Woking is to be believed this is a winnable away game, I would sill however take a draw.

Full time and proud of it

altyf

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 11:22:56 AM »

After seing the last three pre-season's we do look a lot better than last year. The main differnce is the keeping and passing of the ball.

I've been impressed with all the newbies, however thay have only been pre-season's and the first test comes on sat.

The back five pretty much pick themselves, it's midfield and up front where the selection decisons will have to be made. Can't really see Denham, Elam, Little and Jonson  and starting at Woking. Nice problems for the management to have.

If reading about  the going on at Woking is to be believed this is a winnable away game, I would sill however take a draw.

I agree, can't really see them all starting but my personal starting 11 with all fit would be:

Coburn

Lane
McGregor
Young
Doughty

Denham
Lawton
Street
Elam

Johnson
Little

Subs: Ralph, Danylyk, Senior, Meechan, Peyton/Battersby.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:26:43 PM by Moss Lane Man »

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 12:16:03 PM »

Assuming that everyone is fit, I really don't see the point in having players as good as Little, Denham, Elam and Johnson if we're not going to play them. I just hope we play with the attacking flair shown in pre-season and don't revert back to that negative sh*t we played last season.

Froz

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 01:44:21 PM »

Me me me

FINITO

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »

I'm absolutely bricking it ... but in a nice anticipatory way!

I'm almost afraid to say it (but I will!) but I think this is the season when we genuinely start competing - and that's all I ask.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

altyf

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 02:59:07 PM »

It's a great feeling to be looking forward to seeing the teamsheet!!!

ant

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 06:07:12 PM »

I've been nervous every time we've played in the last 3 seasons as you always have the feeling we would cock things up late on if we were ahead or drawing.  I know we've only played friendlies thus far this season but I felt that that nervous edge we had for the last 10-15 minutes  seems to have gone.  We're much more confident on the ball and if we play like that we can stay clear of the relegation zone and not rely on others having points docked or getting chucked out of the league.  And thanks goodness we seem to have abandoned kicking the ball upfield and hoping for the best.  I just hope out patience continues and we keep knocking the ball about like we have do so far.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 06:36:38 PM »

Me me me

FINITO

How cute!

Agreed, i'm pretty hopeful this season so its made me more nervous. I was pretty hopeful last season though. After three relegations just staying up is the target, next year we can get cocky!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I am getting nervous