PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frank Sidebottom
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Frank Sidebottom  (Read 18845 times)

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Sidebottom
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 12:43:38 AM »

for f**kS sake, this comment i made was TWO f**kin months ago !! it was about his charachter not THE MAN, i would never WISH or WANT him to have an illness of any sort. all i said was i didnt like his CHARACTER . so to THE ALTY BOG shove ur TROLL COMMENTS up ur f**kin arse click !!

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 01:50:20 AM »

ALTY BOG this isnt the page to start THIS again , if u wanna throw INSULTS message me personally !! NOT ON THIS PAGE !!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:10:06 AM by D.A. ALTY »

robins1978

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 09:43:19 AM »

for f**kS sake, this comment i made was TWO f**kin months ago !! it was about his charachter not THE MAN, i would never WISH or WANT him to have an illness of any sort. all i said was i didnt like his CHARACTER . so to THE ALTY BOG shove ur TROLL COMMENTS up ur f**kin arse click !!
Your comment was made 13 may on this thread, not 2 months ago. However I accept you just didnt like the Character of Frank Sidebottom and were not directing your drivel at Chris - who after all is the person who has passed away due to his Cancer illness. Frank was just a character invented by Chris and it has to be noted that not everyone has the same sense of humour and some didnt like Frank "The Character" for whatever reason. I have no personal issue with yourself although it seems others do which should be kept seperate from this thread.
To All Readers:  Remember that a man has died due to a horrible illness. Frank the character is no more but more inportantly Chris the person is now sadly no longer with us either. Please let Chris rest in peace now and keep this thread for those who want to celebrate his life not have a go at the Character he invnted. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:45:47 AM by robins1978 »

Narcissist

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 09:49:10 AM »

D.A. is not gunners. 1978, you seem to keep spindling on about this, perhaps stop rising to it?

RIP Frank, despite souring my opinion of you towards the end I have some fond memories.

Also i'd like to say that a lot of people think of Frank as soon as alty is mentioned and vice-versa so he did publicise the club a great deal even if it was in selfish circumstances.

He'll never have the opportunity to show his support for Alty again and that is a sad sad thing.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 01:42:05 PM »

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1262747_frank_sidebottom_comic_faces_paupers_funeral?rss=yes&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+menews%2Fnews+%28News+-+Manchester+Evening+News+-+RSS+Feed%29

The comic who created Frank Sidebottom is facing a pauper's funeral after dying virtually penniless.

Chris Sievey, whose alter-ego Frank's over-sized papier-mached head became a comedy icon, had no assets and little money in the bank, his family have revealed.

There are now calls to give the comic a dignified send-off. As we reported, Chris, 54, died after a battle with cancer. He was found collapsed at his home in Hawthorn Road, Hale, early on Monday and died later in Wythenshawe Hospital.

Chris leaves sons Stirling, 31, and Harry, 18, and daughter Asher, 30. Stirling said the family have been in discussion with hospital bereavement officers and a funeral director.

He said: “My father has not left any money behind and we are struggling to try and sort his funeral out. He spent money as it came in and was always a man for the moment. He never planned ahead. We have spoken to a funeral director and the sort of figures that they are talking about are too high.

“We would not know how to go about getting that sort of money at the moment. They said that applying for a pauper's funeral would be an option.

“He would not want us worrying about trying to sort it all out. We would not want our dad to have a pauper's funeral but we would not want something over the top for him too. Just something simple and dignified.”

Radio 2 DJ Mark Radcliffe, who played alongside Chris in the Frank Sidebottom Oh Blimey Big Band in the 1980s, said a pauper's funeral would be a tragedy. He said: “Something needs to be organised to give Chris the send-off that he deserves. It would be tragic for a man who brought so much enjoyment and laughter to the region to have a pauper's funeral.”

Chris was diagnosed with cancer last month and had operations to remove a tumour in his chest. He was due to start a course of chemotherapy today.

Stirling said his father remained determined to beat the illness. The results of a post mortem examination are due tomorrow. Stirling said: “We did not think he was that ill. Every time he spoke to one of us he said that it was nothing to worry about. ”
@AltyDaz

Dougals Dad

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 02:00:06 PM »

This is a very unfortunate situation. We had the same problem with my brother and raised most of the money from car boot/Ebay/private sale of his various collections. It ws a painful thing to have to do.
However, The MEN has been contacted by several people who are hoping to help Chris's family raise money to cover his funeral - I hope they can do this and give Chris/Frank a more dignified send off.

York Alty

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 08:04:30 PM »

not everybody has the same sense of humour.  Frank, to me, was fantastic.  Weird sense of humour, stupid songs, Alty FC.  If the world didn't have the likes of Frank and other nonsense it would be a much more dull place.  nonsense rules.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 08:38:54 PM »

not everybody has the same sense of humour.  Frank, to me, was fantastic.  Weird sense of humour, stupid songs, Alty FC.  If the world didn't have the likes of Frank and other nonsense it would be a much more dull place.  nonsense rules.

;D

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 11:41:12 AM »

My wife once had a lady ring up wanting to book her husband on the open top bus tour of Timperley because he was such a big Frank Sidebottom fan. Had to be told gently and politely the bus tour was just an cracking FS gag. It really was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxcS3OUrgUk

markecky

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 12:32:39 PM »

Ian,

The Timperley tour is very real...100 people on an open top double decker bus going round and stopping at timperly post office etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6oT1YgAqsM

robins1978

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »

I know I'm not the best person to say this, having been involved in the arguing earlier but come on let's stop it now. We should be saying RIP here and not having trivial arguments, just leave it.
Totally Agree, I have said my condolonces to Chris's Family & friends which is what this thread is for. If I have indirectly offended anyone including DA Alty with any of my posts I APOLOGISE FOR MY PART IN THE DISCUSSIONS AS IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION. I was jsut trying to put my view point across. It wouldnt do for everyone to be made the same. Finally well done to those who contributed to the cost of Chris's funeral. Once again and most importantly - RIP CHRIS

fuertes

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2010, 12:54:22 PM »

Ian,

The Timperley tour is very real...100 people on an open top double decker bus going round and stopping at timperly post office etc

I've always found him very hit and miss, but that tour did have me laughing out loud a couple of times. It's a shame that quirky sense of humour is gone forever.

Am I alone in thinking, and this maybe my unspiritual nature coming out, that raising money for a funeral is just about the biggest waste of money ever?

When I die I'll be telling them to waste no cash unnecessarily. If they really feel obliged to spend some money, they can give to a hospice or one of those "take a terminally ill child on the holiday of a lifetime" charities.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2010, 06:02:31 PM »

RIP Chris Sievey, or now maybe you're sipping champagne with that bird on the Big Wheel. Thanks for the music and the memories. From all the Freshies fans, "Gas Board" and I'm sure everyone else involved with the band.
No words can help at this time, but for his family, my heartfelt condolences.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »

Ian,

wasnt that just a one off though? the enquiry came after that.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »

Ian,

I wanted to take Jennifer on that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frank Sidebottom