PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frank Sidebottom
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Frank Sidebottom  (Read 18844 times)

ALTYGAL

Re: Frank Sidebottom
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »

Condolences to Chris's family.

Love him or loathe him, he was part of Alty's history.

He would be laughing all the way to the garden shed in the sky if he knew he had made the front page of the BBC News

RIP Frank

robins1978

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 09:26:25 PM »

FRANK  IS WANK,  and dont any of u out there critisice me,  most of u hav slagged him of in the past 4 jumpin on the ALTY bandwaggon !!!
Frank Sidebottom / Chris Sievey died today from affects of the Cancer he had. Does this news make you feel a bit of a tosser mate - Cos u r 1!
RIP FRANK / CHRIS

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »

FRANK  IS WANK,  and dont any of u out there critisice me,  most of u hav slagged him of in the past 4 jumpin on the ALTY bandwaggon !!!
Frank Sidebottom / Chris Sievey died today from affects of the Cancer he had. Does this news make you feel a bit of a tosser mate - Cos u r 1!
RIP FRANK / CHRIS

Bloody hell i am sure he did not wish cancer on him did he?

This is getting like when James black (RIP) passed away and the people who slated him for years gave condolances

RIP Frank - cancer is an evil bastard and thats for sure
ParkINson's red and white army

jimmyhank

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 10:00:53 PM »

RIP Frank.

Altyant

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 10:22:02 PM »

RIP Frank

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »

i wasn't a fan of Frank but it is sad news R.I.P

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 11:42:33 PM »

Condolences to family and friends.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 11:56:42 PM »

Yes, echo most of the sentiments above, a great shame and too young.

Some of his antics didn't endear him to the club or fans however in his earlier days as Frank I believe he raised the profile (pre-Spurs/Lincoln etc)

I remember seeing his sort of punk band "The Freshies" at Sale Civic Hall in about 1977. The review actually made Sounds newspaper, on the same page as Kiss in somewhere like Los Angeles I think it was!
I also saw him in London as Frank playing the now sadly closed Cricketers by The Oval, must have been about 1989. A good night, still remembered by my bemused missus. RIP and hope your mum looks after Little Frank.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 12:49:28 AM »

Anyone who makes a living out of wearing a paper mache head has to be admired ..i do agree his humour was very hit or miss ..i remember some tv clip of him beating the crap out of little Frank and it had me rolling around in tears but some of the other stuff made me cringe...

Very much a british eccentric and a sad way to go 

robins1978

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 01:09:59 AM »

RIP FRANK / CHRIS

This is getting like when James black (RIP) passed away and the people who slated him for years gave condolances

Frank posted on his website on May 12th he had cancer.  D.A. Alty posted his message the day after Frank had told the world of his illness. So he possibly knew when he posted his message of Franks illness - he didnt wish it on him, Frank already had it. Best to dismiss his comment altogether and give it no more reference.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 03:02:17 AM »

Very sad news indeed. This was Frank's final musical contribution, "Three shirts on my line", his World Cup song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxcS3OUrgUk Brilliant.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Jezza

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 09:28:35 AM »

Very sad news...Frank was a piece of our history love him or love to hate him and a guy who made people laugh. RIP the keyboard maestro.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »

Interesting post about his involvement with the Manchester music scene: http://johnrobb77.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/frank-sidebottom-rip/
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

joe

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »

RIP FRANK / CHRIS

Frank posted on his website on May 12th he had cancer.  D.A. Alty posted his message the day after Frank had told the world of his illness. So he possibly knew when he posted his message of Franks illness - he didnt wish it on him, Frank already had it. Best to dismiss his comment altogether and give it no more reference.
Why drag this up again you cock? His post had nothing to do with him having cancer,he was just pointing out that he wasn't best loved at Alty.  RIP Chris.

robins1978

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 09:56:10 PM »

RIP FRANK / CHRIS

Why drag this up again you cock? His post had nothing to do with him having cancer,he was just pointing out that he wasn't best loved at Alty.  RIP Chris.
I just didnt like his comment - thought it was in bad taste. END OF....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Frank Sidebottom