PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Gateshead Match Thread  (Read 10896 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2021, 06:30:32 PM »

We absolutely got away with murder there - how we're still in the hat for the cup draw is beyond me.

I must admit I feared the worst given the similarities with the time we played Fylde last year, and I would have been delighted with a replay beforehand.

A bit of a win win (provided we go through!) given the additional revenue and much-needed game time a lot of our players are going to need again. We should feel confident seeing them off midweek at our place.

It doesn't appear that Digie is good enough.

Whilst we have Tom Walker I want to see more of him, ideally in number 10 with Colclough and Kosylo on the wings - with the latter, I was surprised to see the young lad Baggley start over an established first teamer.

Also, easy to say in hindsight but starting Dinanga up front was a winning formula early on this season with Tom doing well from the bench - if it aint broke, etc.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2021, 06:53:39 PM »

I thought baggley looked better than Walker on the tv and in person at Woking. Deserved his place in my view

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »

I thought baggley looked better than Walker on the tv and in person at Woking. Deserved his place in my view

Fair enough, funny how we can all see things slightly differently. I think both players' respective contributions to our goal v Solihull was great - one to start the move (with a really smart turn) and one to finish it.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2021, 07:39:45 PM »

I think that a number of posters have been a bit harsh on Digie. I think he did make one or two mistakes but he hasn't kicked a ball in anger in ages! He was more or less abandoned as 'the' defender when everyone pushed forward last 20 mins or so. In the first half I thought he looked pretty good on the ball - a typical Parky player tbh. A bit early to write him off. Parky clearly fancies him as his 3rd best centre back.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2021, 07:59:15 PM »

I think that a number of posters have been a bit harsh on Digie. I think he did make one or two mistakes but he hasn't kicked a ball in anger in ages! He was more or less abandoned as 'the' defender when everyone pushed forward last 20 mins or so. In the first half I thought he looked pretty good on the ball - a typical Parky player tbh. A bit early to write him off. Parky clearly fancies him as his 3rd best centre back.
Agreed, he looked generally comfortable on the ball. There was one scary moment at 0-1 when he headed an attempted clearance across the penalty area to one of their forwards. Bit lacking in pace, but everyone seemed the same. Perhaps that’s the effect of watching a game so far from the pitch.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2021, 08:04:41 PM »

I don't know if it has already been said, but it was also a really crap, slippy, bobbly surface. He might not be good enough, but I don't think that's the game to judge him one way or the other.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2021, 08:52:50 PM »

I don't know if it has already been said, but it was also a really crap, slippy, bobbly surface. He might not be good enough, but I don't think that's the game to judge him one way or the other.

The wind was strong too and the bounce was inconsistent. Gateshead is a horrible place to play a good game, every time the ball goes out it's 30/40 seconds to get the ball back. Why weren't there balls dotted about the touchline? It all makes it harder to build pressure etc.

We were poor, we will be better in the replay.

Come on Alty.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2021, 09:33:47 PM »

We absolutely got away with murder there - how we're still in the hat for the cup draw is beyond me.

I must admit I feared the worst given the similarities with the time we played Fylde last year, and I would have been delighted with a replay beforehand.

A bit of a win win (provided we go through!) given the additional revenue and much-needed game time a lot of our players are going to need again. We should feel confident seeing them off midweek at our place.

It doesn't appear that Digie is good enough.

Whilst we have Tom Walker I want to see more of him, ideally in number 10 with Colclough and Kosylo on the wings - with the latter, I was surprised to see the young lad Baggley start over an established first teamer.

Also, easy to say in hindsight but starting Dinanga up front was a winning formula early on this season with Tom doing well from the bench - if it aint broke, etc.

Only seen Walker against Solihull and I thought he didn't do much at all. One decent cross second half.
No way Walker should start number 10 over Hancock or Kosylo.
Do agree that when our established players return then we need  to be starting them.
I think we need to sign a decent CB to push Tom and Toby.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2021, 10:24:14 PM »

I think that Kennedy Digie could be that third centre back. Yes, he did make that mistake which was featured on the BBC highlights, but his general play was very strong, and some posts have been harsh.

On what I have seen, I do agree that if we ever have a fully fit squad, I can't see Tom Walker starting ahead of Hancock or Kosylo.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2021, 10:46:02 PM »

Gateshead is a horrible place to play a good game, every time the ball goes out it's 30/40 seconds to get the ball back. Why weren't there balls dotted about the touchline? It all makes it harder to build pressure etc.

Come on Alty.
Agreed, couldn't watch football there every week. Reminded me of the game at BPA in 2004/5?when Heathcote sent the unused subs out to act as ball boys.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2021, 07:56:54 AM »

Maybe I have missed something but has a replay date been agreed yet? SBL

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2021, 08:32:00 AM »

Replay is a week tomorrow, 16th.

Was Pringle suspended or injured?
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2021, 08:59:58 AM »

I thought Digie was okay, as did most around me who went to the game.

We robbed a draw but hopefully we can use the last minute goal as a bit of inspiration and get back to form.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2021, 09:15:31 AM »

I would think Pringle was suspended.

Pleased with a draw, thought Digie did ok, he's a strong powerful unit, made a few mistakes but hasn't played before. So let's give him a chance.

If can get Thommo, Hannigan back for Saturday we'll look a lot stronger.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2021, 10:08:24 AM »

Mark Simpson on RR on Saturday cleared up the cards situation. YELLOW cards are competition specific, but RED cards come into force immediately regardless of competition.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Match Thread