PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 just a thought could we......
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: just a thought could we......  (Read 12773 times)

Alex

« on: October 23, 2006, 12:10:56 AM »

as we start to get players back from injury i had a thought a pritty mouth watering one actually. is it possible and pratical do you think to put out the following team:
Coburn
Aspinall
Payton
Rose
Munroe
Chalmers
Bushell
Hussin
Lawton
Little
O'Niel

what do you think?

DJ

Re: just a thought could we......
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 12:19:41 AM »

Where is Peter Band on that list?

Alex

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 12:39:26 AM »

kind a thought that wiv rose and munroe playin like they are i aint splitin them up.

Jez

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 04:38:18 AM »

Good line up....but a bit unbalanced in midfield  and i assume you are pushing Robbie to the right hand side when he has flourished with Val in the middle?

I'd take Eddie out of that line up and try a few new right wingers...if we could find a fit Pottsy type we'd be laughing I reckon.

ioko

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 08:57:28 AM »

How can you drop Acton?   

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 11:01:51 AM »

Acton on current form to stay!

Scotty at left back

Peyton to midfield

Have to drop Hussin at present.

Alex

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

to be honest if acton is doing this well with a confident defence in fornt of him stuart will do even better and maybe give the defence more direction because if were honest as good as he has been actons command of the area is not as good as stuarts.
as for my midfield its chalmers on the left, robbie on the right. and i would keep eddie val just doesn't look the player we know he is at the momment so i'd give eddie a chance next to bushell in the middle.

ioko

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »

I cannot believe that people would contemplate dropping Acton. I am a huge Coburn fan and he has been up there with the best in this division, but the simple fact is that Acton has been truly outstanding and deserves to stay in. It has taken many a long while for him to get his chance and he has taken it, literally, with both hands.

Youseff

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 12:03:58 PM »

I agree. Acton cannot be dropped.  He has been sensational.  Don't rock the boat when it doesn't need it.  I also think Val Owen is playing better now unlike some people on the forum.  He broke things up on Saturday and he was one of our better players.  Robbie was typically everywhere, still making runs from deep in the last few minutes.  Him and Val are a great partnership as Val allows robbie to go where he likes.  The starting line up when all fit will not benefit Robbie if he is back out on the right.  He has more to offer than that.  Peynton looked a diferent player at left mid aswell.  Looks good at the moment.  Big game sat!!!

Jez

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

As one of quite literally thousands of Stuart Coburn worshippers I have to agree that the back 4 is settled and Acton is commanding the area well coming for many crosses....I haven't seen an instance of hesitation at all.

To keep out England's No1 is some achievement but I have to say if i was the manager I'd be sticking with Richard Acton (who I regret to remind everyone I said was a perfectly adequate keeper for this level while a few were panicking about him)

I'd have been right about Chris Young if he'd been given a chance too.

Val is now forming a bit of an understanding with Robbie and the duo are in my eyes as dynamic as Eddie and Val were....I would  not break up this partnership either by switching robbie to the right where he did not look half the player he looks now.

AltySi

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 09:01:08 PM »

as we start to get players back from injury i had a thought a pritty mouth watering one actually. is it possible and pratical do you think to put out the following team:
Coburn
Aspinall
Payton
Rose
Munroe
Chalmers
Bushell
Hussin
Lawton
Little
O'Niel

what do you think?

This is exactly the team that I would pick if everyone is fit, my bench would be :

Band
Thomson
Scott
Owen
Hendley

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 10:46:18 PM »

Alti Si,

I take it you wern't at Moss Lane on Saturday. If you were then you must have noticed how we improved when Band went off, Scott came on as left back and Peyton played in the middle on the left. If you were there and didn't notice the 100% improvement in the team then there is truely no hope for you.
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 11:09:48 PM »

Alty si,

I would not drop Acton, Scott into defence, Peyton to midfield.

Chalmers to the bench with Thornley, Potts, Thomson, Band (as defensive cover).

AltySi

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 11:14:42 PM »

Alti Si,

I take it you wern't at Moss Lane on Saturday. If you were then you must have noticed how we improved when Band went off, Scott came on as left back and Peyton played in the middle on the left. If you were there and didn't notice the 100% improvement in the team then there is truely no hope for you.

I'm sorry for not agreeing with you !, I thought Football was all about opinions ?, and for your information I was there on Saturday, as I have been for every game this season, and IMHO this is the side I would prefer us to field, you obviously have a different opinion and that is up to you. I do agree that that worked on Saturday, but I wouldn't keep Scotty at left back all the time. I think you are out of order saying that there is no hope for me, just because I have a diferent opinion to you.

AltySi

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 11:18:25 PM »

Alty Dave,

I agree that Acton has been excellent for us since Coburn was injured, but Stu is one of the best keepers in this league, and at some point soon he should be restored to the side IN MY OPINION.

I would feel for Richard, but we need our strongest side out when everyone is fit, and Stu is our strongest keeper.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team