News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's score

Author Topic: Tonight's score  (Read 1672 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Tonight's score
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »

Worcester 1-1 Histon, good result in the grand scheme of things.Still down beat after another Alty key game no show on Saturday though.As well as Gainsborough played, we don't help ourselves on these occasions, so frustrating.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's score
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »

Might be academic but useful none the less.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »

I think we have every chance of still making the playoffs mate, do I think we could win them as we are at the moment? No to be honest, still need at least two defenders and a midfielder.Theres plenty of points to still be had off the sh*t, but without more additions I can't see a serious promotion challenge.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 11:10:31 PM »

Maybe get away with two new players if we can extend jacks loan imo

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:20:27 AM »

and a midfielder

That reminds me, just seen Ian Craney on the BBC Late Kick Off.  Never mind the baby sh*te from the hill lickers of Stanley Ultras, Ian was a class class midfielder for us.

There are future diamonds out there....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »

I think we have every chance of still making the playoffs mate, do I think we could win them as we are at the moment? No to be honest, still need at least two defenders and a midfielder.Theres plenty of points to still be had off the sh*t, but without more additions I can't see a serious promotion challenge.

I don't think we'll make the play offs as we are, and if we did we simply wouldn't turn up for a pressure game.

That said, if we were to make the play offs from here it would mean that at some point we had tightened up at the back/got new players and certainly won one or two big games even away from home so it's not possible to say we wouldn't win them.

There's still work to be done and I can see Sinnott and the club are trying. I'm just wondering now if we took a little too long coming to a decison with Kenny and appointing a new manager. I've said before that Sinnott's major black mark for me was offering all last season's squad a chance, maybe he had little choice as deals for players were already done by the time he came in.

As an example, Hawes seems to have a bit of a nightmare in him quite often but I'd like to have seen him signed straightaway in the summer alongside a good defender (sorry to be dull again but Greg Young or someone like that - Adam Quinn in fact) and see how he went.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »

If Sinnott wasn't doing the deals who was?

I think the biggest problem is/was that Sinnott's knowledge of the local Manc football scene must have been sketchy to say the least. A factor that didn't weigh heavily in the boards selection criteria presumably.

Hopefully he is well up the learning curve now so we can look forward to a few more nuggets being unearthed from lower down the pyramid.   

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »

What I mean is that deals for players are usually done right at the end of the season.

He might have had players in mind like Adie Hawes (I don't know) but you can't expect players to turn down other offers on the basis that the Alty job 'might' become available and you 'might' get it.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's score