PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax - Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Halifax - Match Thread  (Read 12578 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Halifax - Match Thread
« on: February 01, 2017, 02:22:12 PM »

Alty 3/1
Draw 3/1
Halifax 6/10

----------------Deasey
Patterson---Cyrus--Hannigan---Brownhill
Newby-------Jones----Moult-------Clee
--------------Reeves----Owen

A 1-1 draw infront of one of the last four figure crowds at moss lane for a long time unless Kidderminster look like piping Fylde for the title near seasons end

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax - Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 02:50:49 PM »

2-1 loss Lynch and Sinnott scoring for Halifax

Ashley Alty

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 04:41:26 PM »

How is Clee?  He wasn't in the squad for last night, so a bit worried  :'(

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 06:45:52 PM »

If he wasn't 100% it wouldn't have been good to jeopardise recovery for Saturday

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 08:51:02 PM »

Watched the Halifax v County highlights and have to admit, from the bits he was involved in, Lynch looked pretty useful. I was one of his biggest critics but maybe he just needed a few decent players around him.

His comments on leaving, about senior players not pulling their weight, certainly had some substance when you think how woeful Moult, Lawrie and, to a degree, Reeves have been since Lynch left.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 09:18:41 PM »

Watched the Halifax v County highlights and have to admit, from the bits he was involved in, Lynch looked pretty useful. I was one of his biggest critics but maybe he just needed a few decent players around him.

His comments on leaving, about senior players not pulling their weight, certainly had some substance when you think how woeful Moult, Lawrie and, to a degree, Reeves have been since Lynch left.

To a degree? He's the most senior at the club out of all that you've mentioned and he has been woeful this year. He should be leading from the front but he just doesn't seem to have the heart.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 09:45:48 PM »

I can't see past another defeat sadly . I'll go for a 3 nil defeat . 1012 fans and no banners
Come on you red and white........

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 09:52:55 PM »

To a degree? He's the most senior at the club out of all that you've mentioned and he has been woeful this year. He should be leading from the front but he just doesn't seem to have the heart.

I gave Reeves some leeway based on the dreadful lack of service and support he's received this season.

1-5 defeat is the best I can see for Saturday I'm afraid.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »

Oddly this is one of the most dispiriting features for me (I guess it should be a positive or at least less of a negative). Aside from the 6 by Fylde (who are quite a high scoring team) and the chaotic first two games of the Harvey reign it's not like we are getting hammered.

We just seem to concede 2 or 3 sloppy goals every game no matter our level of performance.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 10:30:02 PM »

Oddly this is one of the most dispiriting features for me (I guess it should be a positive or at least less of a negative). Aside from the 6 by Fylde (who are quite a high scoring team) and the chaotic first two games of the Harvey reign it's not like we are getting hammered.

We just seem to concede 2 or 3 sloppy goals every game no matter our level of performance.
your not wrong but then teams just seem to coast past us with no real effort and don't push on for the 4th and 5th
Come on you red and white........

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 07:55:06 AM »

I think we will win a home game but not against a team pushing hard to stay in the playoffs, 3-1 or 2-0 Halifax.
BTW they were as bad as us last year when they went down, so we can see how far we have fallen - Thriving
Bernard Taylors barmy army

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 08:08:33 AM »

How is Clee?  He wasn't in the squad for last night, so a bit worried  :'(
None of the Yorkshire contingent were involved in the friendly on Tuesday. I wouldn't read anything into that other than giving them the night off.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 09:41:12 AM »

Doesn't matter what formation we adopt, until we can defend as a unit we'll keep conceding soft goals.

Did wonder why we played a friendly on Tuesday and not 2 hours of attack v defense.
Full time and proud of it

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 09:54:00 AM »

Doesn't matter what formation we adopt, until we can defend as a unit we'll keep conceding soft goals.

Did wonder why we played a friendly on Tuesday and not 2 hours of attack v defense.

The incredibly sad thing is, I and many others have almost given up caring what the result is, I expect defeat and anything other than that barely even merits a slight raising of the eyebrow. The sooner the better this abomination of a season is over.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 10:48:57 AM »

The incredibly sad thing is, I and many others have almost given up caring what the result is, I expect defeat and anything other than that barely even merits a slight raising of the eyebrow. The sooner the better this abomination of a season is over.

Whatever the rights or wrongs The club probably needs a new figure head to reunite and reignite the clubs very loyal, patient and generous support, especially those that have drifted away before they get to the point of no return. It's really sad but understandable when you see how many long time loyal supporters that were here through all the lean years have drawn a line in the sand.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax - Match Thread