News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The board must act in the best interests of the club

Author Topic: The board must act in the best interests of the club  (Read 1418 times)

Fan-Of-40-Years

« on: September 15, 2008, 06:42:37 PM »

On the 15-10-02 the club removed a very popular,well liked and fairly successful manager after a poor start to the season.
The record at the start of that season went somthing like this,Won 3,Drew 3,Lost 8,goals scored 15,goals against 25,followed by an FA Cup disaster at Guisley, in the early qualifiying stages.And to their credit ,however hard it may have been to replace such a popular figure,the club took action and swiftly replaced the manager for the best interests of the football club.

The record to date this season is Won 1,Drew 3, Lost 5,goals scored 7,goals against 16. Nobody is questioning the managers loyalty to the cause,or his hardwork,but sometimes things need to be changed.I'd be delighted if Graham moved upstairs,so to speak,and carried on his great work with the youngsters and the countless other work his does at the club.But,the club must act now and something mutual needs to be agreed upon,so somebody else can have a reasonable chance of keeping a very good crop of players in this division.

We may hear that no one would want the job,or another manager would be too expensive.I'll say this, just watch the applications role in, should the position become available.This is still a top job in northwest,and nonleagie circles, and even with severe budget restraints spelt out firmly to potential applicants,they would still be jumping through hoops to take the helm at moss lane.

So please,to those at the club who read this messageboard,let us remember the great work Graham has done as manager,as fondly as we do as a player, under the financial constraints placed upon him,and smile when we think of all that he's achieved to drag the club to where it is, and not as the manager that refused to go at any cost.

Butty

Re: The board must act in the best interests of the club
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:58:22 PM »

How about maybe GH becomes manager of the Reserve team that this club has so badly missed out on over the past year?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »

On the 15-10-02 the club removed a very popular,well liked and fairly successful manager after a poor start to the season.
The record at the start of that season went somthing like this,Won 3,Drew 3,Lost 8,goals scored 15,goals against 25,followed by an FA Cup disaster at Guisley, in the early qualifiying stages.And to their credit ,however hard it may have been to replace such a popular figure,the club took action and swiftly replaced the manager for the best interests of the football club.

The record to date this season is Won 1,Drew 3, Lost 5,goals scored 7,goals against 16. Nobody is questioning the managers loyalty to the cause,or his hardwork,but sometimes things need to be changed.I'd be delighted if Graham moved upstairs,so to speak,and carried on his great work with the youngsters and the countless other work his does at the club.But,the club must act now and something mutual needs to be agreed upon,so somebody else can have a reasonable chance of keeping a very good crop of players in this division.

We may hear that no one would want the job,or another manager would be too expensive.I'll say this, just watch the applications role in, should the position become available.This is still a top job in northwest,and nonleagie circles, and even with severe budget restraints spelt out firmly to potential applicants,they would still be jumping through hoops to take the helm at moss lane.

So please,to those at the club who read this messageboard,let us remember the great work Graham has done as manager,as fondly as we do as a player, under the financial constraints placed upon him,and smile when we think of all that he's achieved to drag the club to where it is, and not as the manager that refused to go at any cost.

It was 14 October 02
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:55:55 PM »

Valid point...

This is going to roll on and on.

Personally, I would argue that GH was successful 3 years ago. Since then what have the stats been? (I'm sure Mr Cult could help us on that one)

Popular - With a section of the fans and obviously the board. Everybody I speak to who are Alty fans, generally want GH out. Everyone I speak to that have seen Alty, think GH is a liability to the team and directs his 'passion' in the worng direction. He's to predictable, has poor tactics, gets involved in silly altercations that he doesn't have to, has 'favourites' who are not the best players at the club.

You've done a good job GH, especially with the constraints you've had, now is the time to move aside and let somebody else take us forward. PLEASE, stop looking for votes of confidence as you'll undoubtedly get it. However, if you really care about Altrincham FC, do the decent thing and let somebody else take over. Nobody doubts that you love this club, but even you should know that the time has come to move over???
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team