PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leighton Mcgivern
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Leighton Mcgivern  (Read 4623 times)

RocketDan

Re: Leighton Mcgivern
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 01:11:03 AM »

I really want us to sign a played called Michael McLellan.

Youth at PNE. northern irish.

he is only 19, but could do a job for us, top forward, a cross between reevsey and lawrie.

he will play for top championship club/sh*t premiership club one day - don't say i didnt warn you.

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »

he is only 19, but could do a job for us, top forward, a cross between reevsey and lawrie.

he will play for top championship club/sh*t premiership club one day - don't say i didnt warn you.

This would probably be cleared by a defender!

markecky

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »

However, he is one of those characters who you loathe when he plays for the opposition but would actually love to have within your own squad.

Spot on.  The majority of our successful teams have been built on loud unpredictable scousers and I often think thats what we have missed sometimes in the dressing room.

I really hope we could get him but no doubt someone will come along and offer him £500 in his hand pluse use of  Peugeout 306 or something...

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »

Isn't our main problem a lack of steel in central midfield and at the back? If we have spare cash you'd think addressing those issues should be priorities.

brian1925

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »

Would be perfect, but irritatingly he'll end up at a team with half our support, but double our salary.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »

Right, enough of the Football Manager stuff Dan, it's not all completely reliable

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »

Isn't our main problem a lack of steel in central midfield and at the back? If we have spare cash you'd think addressing those issues should be priorities.

It is, and I agree with you, but they're not as easily solved as goals problems are. We could sign an excellent defenderand or midfielder but I can't say as a unit it would make the immediate impact required. As such, if we stop scoring goals now Jacks gone I think we're well and truly knackered. So he'd be a good fit.

The point about players you think are cocks who play for other teams but are great for you is entirely relevant as well.

Although Martin McDonald was a disappointment and I don't think anyone would ever have coutenanced Jeff Forshaw.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 06:10:02 PM »

Having said I would love him here, why has he given one of his reasons for leaving that he kept getting sent off? isn't that down to him?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 06:17:07 PM »

However, he is one of those characters who you loathe when he plays for the opposition but would actually love to have within your own squad.

Spot on.  The majority of our successful teams have been built on loud unpredictable scousers and I often think thats what we have missed sometimes in the dressing room.

I really hope we could get him but no doubt someone will come along and offer him £500 in his hand pluse use of  Peugeout 306 or something...

You make me laugh  ;D

RocketDan

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »

Right, enough of the Football Manager stuff Dan, it's not all completely reliable

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 06:04:21 PM »

Players you loathe when they play for the opposition but you'd love to have in your side?

How about Phil Power? Ran us ragged so many times when he played for Macclesfield but was brilliant for us in the Unibond promotion season. Shame he seemed to go awol the following year.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 06:14:16 PM »

How about Phil Power?

Never liked him in a Alty shirt, sheep shagging cheating bastard. 

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 06:26:52 PM »

How about Phil Power?

Never liked him in a Alty shirt, sheep shagging cheating bastard. 
Thanks
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leighton Mcgivern