PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ken mckenna
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ken mckenna  (Read 13915 times)

dino

ken mckenna
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:53:54 PM »

i see no reason why kenny will not be a success as caretaker manager. His previous team played good football, and his approach will be very different from Heathcotes.

It was no coincidence that our improvement revolved around Barow and Mckenna's arrival. Prior to that he struggled with Steele.

Ken is a good coach and motivator. I think we will beat Eastbourne on Saturday.The squad is good enough,and Ken can prove that.

We have lost core support over the last 2 seasons.but they will be back now Heathcote has gone.

good luck Ken

Jacko

Re: ken mckenna
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:20:46 PM »

[quote author=dino link=topic=10941.msg119380#msg119380 date=1284501234

I think we will beat Eastbourne on Saturday.The squad is good enough,and Ken can prove that.

We have lost core support over the last 2 seasons.but they will be back now Heathcote has gone.

good luck Ken
totally disagree and u will be proved wrong dino, this squad has 1 point to its name all season, all I will say is ............I told u so, I'm that confident gh leaving will have no positive effect on these players and its going to be tough for km
[/quote]

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:19 PM »

[quote author=dino link=topic=10941.msg119380#msg119380 date=1284501234

I think we will beat Eastbourne on Saturday.The squad is good enough,and Ken can prove that.

good luck Ken
totally disagree and u will be proved wrong dino, this squad has 1 point to its name all season, all I will say is ............I told u so, I'm that confident gh leaving will have no positive effect on these players and its going to be tough for km
[/quote]

ken has a chance to prove himself so time will tell i hope dinos right on this one

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:36 PM »

Good Luck Ken, this is a golden opportunity for  you if you want it?

Jacko

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 11:44:07 PM »

So what will km do differently now gh isn't here? Id love us to look like a completely new team but just can't see it, surely its obvious

markecky

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 11:48:43 PM »

So what will km do differently now gh isn't here? Id love us to look like a completely new team but just can't see it, surely its obvious

Ww dont have to look like a new team.  We have to look like a team with some belief.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 11:49:02 PM »

we will find out on saturday and next tues

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 11:51:05 PM »

not play 3 at the back?

Also everyone has not got to prove themselves to KM, starting at eastbourne, otherwise they will be shown the door.

In the slightly longer term, he was chief scout at cambridge for a while and with his connection with TNS, i imagine he has a lengthy list of players he would like to bring in, people that may have been overlooked by Heathcote.

dino

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 11:53:10 PM »

watch this space!

cant see Ken fluffing his lines with this opportunity.

He will cajole, encourage and praise. Now there's a different approach

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 12:03:23 AM »

Surely the players will play with the same desire and belief that they have already been playing with for ken and gh all season? 

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 12:05:11 AM »

Surely the players will play with the same desire and belief that they have already been playing with for ken and gh all season? 

he was not a joint manager and is far as we know didnt pick the team although may have had a say in that and the tactics used

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 12:07:10 AM »

When someone keeps telling you "you're not good enough" after a while you start to believe it, bury your head and hope for the best.

Perhaps a bit of positivity and encouragement from the bench, rather than constant swearing and belittling player will make them work harder and want it more.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 12:08:34 AM »

You've watched enough football to know that assistant managers can only do so much.  When he is the manager he calls the shots.

The squad may not be good enough but making them believe weren't good enough and telling the world they weren't good enough was terrible.

Maybe we will only have Ken McKenna for two games..who knows.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 12:50:51 AM »

My worry if we do get a new manager is that give them 10 games they will start whinging that the board wont give them any more money and how do you expect us to compete at this level etc etc ....at least is Ken is well aware of our finanical limitations and his extensive knowledge of non league football will hold us in good stead in the short term possibly long term . I dont think there is any rocket science about what Alty stand for and what they can provide in resources towards the playing squad....there are plenty of managers who have sucess throwing around sugar daddies $$$ but i dont know of many that can work to a tight budget which would be in the lowest in the league...
We seem very quick to dismiss a good resource in our midst before he has managed to have a few games in charge....has anyone suggested any names as a potential new manager that would stack up against Kens record ? Be interested to see who is available as a potential target...or do we just jump in with an unknown ?

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 01:45:31 AM »

Lets see what happens under ken....I think we'd all just love it if he was a success......

I think the board should advertise the job and look to appoint in around 6 matches time...obviously ken can apply if he wants the job permanently........that gives them time to make a considered opinion based on the quality of applicants while ken gets a chance to show what he is capable of.

just my opinon of course.

Come on Kenny!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ken mckenna