PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ken mckenna
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ken mckenna  (Read 13924 times)

Kingys Beard

Re: ken mckenna
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 03:55:31 AM »

I can't believe that I find myself in agreement with Dino (mostly) on this.  Shows you what strange times we're living through.  I too am pretty optimistic that Kenny will do well ( and I certainly have no problem with him being a former playing legend - a previous time we went outside the beltway in search of a manager we got Gerry Quinn who did o.k. I suppose but not much more than that).  Kenny did great in Wales and knows non-league inside and out.  He seems to combine a buoyant personality with passion which can be a fine combination.  And I recall that a certain manager from an earlier epoch who had the same qualities and had also served his managerial apprenticeship in Wales did just fine (Freddie Pye).

Jacko

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 05:04:48 AM »

Id love km to do well too but I'm afraid its just like a 5 aside team with a new kit, it may seem fresh but its the same underneath, maybe we could do well in the fa cup for a change though:)

Narcissist

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 08:06:12 AM »

All the GH detractors have a chance to be positive now he is gone. All the people who backed GH also need to be positive about the coming weeks.

Arguing about whether we will improve or not is pointless. Lets be honest we have no clue! We didnt lose that many players in the close season, and weve gained a fair few who may now feel a bit of freedom to step up.

Just stay positive and believe that the change is for the good. The time to judge is in a few weeks.

dino

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 09:12:52 AM »

just put £15 on the win @ 3/1

i wreckon 2 wins against eastbourne and barrow will have you all salvinating

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »

On the basis that, in the wake of Heathcote's departure, the role of Altrincham FC manager will indeed remain a full-time position, do we know if Ken McKenna is able to accommodate the extra hours at Moss Lane i.e. does he have a full-time job outside football?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 09:38:08 AM »

Ken has a job outside football,but one flexible enough to undertake all thats required to manage a part time squad.

VofD

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »

All the GH detractors have a chance to be positive now he is gone. All the people who backed GH also need to be positive about the coming weeks.

Arguing about whether we will improve or not is pointless. Lets be honest we have no clue! We didnt lose that many players in the close season, and weve gained a fair few who may now feel a bit of freedom to step up.

Just stay positive and believe that the change is for the good. The time to judge is in a few weeks.

Ken has my support.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 09:51:10 AM »

just put £15 on the win @ 3/1

i wreckon 2 wins against eastbourne and barrow will have you all salvinating

Not at all sure what this means, but I'm sure it should probably be done within the confines of your own home. Salvination for the nation.

We're on the march with Kenny's army.....zigga zagga, zigga zagga
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »

I have my doubts, as previous posts bear out, but I'd love Kenny to be a success, and will back him and the team every inch of the way.

bigcol

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 10:18:28 AM »

Update from the main site:

The Manchester Evening News today reports on the departure of manager Graham Heathcote from Altrincham FC and the temporary appointment of Ken McKenna (right). New chairman Grahame Rowley reportedly "Admits the former TNS boss is in the frame to take the job on a permanent basis, with a Board meeting to discuss the manager's position planned for a week on Wednesday. 'He's a candidate', said Rowley, 'He did well at TNS and we'd be foolish if we didn't consider him. But we don't want to make any knee-jerk decisions. We need some stability'".

Looks like Ken has first refusal sort of status, sounds like a plan to me.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 10:19:04 AM »

Ken McKenna does deserve a chance to show what he can do in the next couple of games, however I would bet a large some of money that he becomes our next manager simply because the board won't want an outsider coming in and unsettling the current set-up. There should be a thorough interview process and the job should be offered to the top candidate, if that is McKenna then fine. Part of the distaste many had for Heathcote transpired when he effectively appointed himself manager back in 2002.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 04:42:51 PM »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ken mckenna ... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ken mckenna

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 05:45:15 PM »

bite his ear off
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Froz

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 06:16:09 PM »

here's hoping Ken can turn things around and maybe even get the job on a full time basis, I am sure that it would be a popular appointment

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »

Ken is already here, knows the current playing staff and will have his own ideas. The players should also be keen to impress. Lets see what happens. Good luck to the man in any case and lets hope he can get a few points on the board PDQ.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ken mckenna