News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New reality

Author Topic: New reality  (Read 2739 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
New reality
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:50:36 AM »

I know its heartbreaking losing to eastbourne and I speak as someone who didnt make the 12hr round trip however, they were unbeaten at home and our confidence is rock bottom.  I think the shock of yesterday comes from an expectation of a new manager bounce which sometimes does happen but not always.
Now we must try to be positive or else whats the point in even bothering to turn up, I dare say we might get battered a few times this season and not play pretty football but our mindset needs to be one of small victories like when we first got promoted.  No one on this forum would have put too much by an away defeat four years ago, a defeat is a defeat and who really thought we would get it back after going 2-0 down so quickly.  Our chance will come, it will probably be at home and it might start with a scrappy draw, we need to play and support as if we are major underdogs.
I'm not delighted about it, its not great, but thats how it is, time for our new reality.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: New reality
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:09:23 AM »

Thats bang on mate.This season can still be recovered,and I still think we can get out of this mess.It just has to come off someones arse for a 90th min winner!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »

I know its heartbreaking losing to eastbourne and I speak as someone who didnt make the 12hr round trip however, they were unbeaten at home and our confidence is rock bottom.  I think the shock of yesterday comes from an expectation of a new manager bounce which sometimes does happen but not always.
Now we must try to be positive or else whats the point in even bothering to turn up, I dare say we might get battered a few times this season and not play pretty football but our mindset needs to be one of small victories like when we first got promoted.  No one on this forum would have put too much by an away defeat four years ago, a defeat is a defeat and who really thought we would get it back after going 2-0 down so quickly.  Our chance will come, it will probably be at home and it might start with a scrappy draw, we need to play and support as if we are major underdogs.
I'm not delighted about it, its not great, but thats how it is, time for our new reality.

The problem yesterday was that we looked frightened even before the kick-off. We are in an awful rut and have been since March. Confidence is low, resourses are low, funds are low and spirits with players and supporters are low. Lets be honest that our home gates dont match our performances when we are on a good run, though we have a better hard-core support than most clubs including better that the club that is currently top. Things are not going to be resolved by having a pop at the players and club officials. None of us likes being in the current mess. The days are long gone where teams could obtain points by kicking the opponents off the park. What was disappointing yesterday was that we lost to a poor side that will probably also  be in the relegation fight come April.  We should have won there the last 2 seasons and didnt.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:24:22 AM »

How many fans did we take , i cant doaway games because of work , unless the game is within an hour away

markecky

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »

We had about 60-65 there in all..including 8-10 brilliant young lads who deserved  a bit more than they got for 11 hours on a coach.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »

Anyone see Arsenal's outrageous fluke goal at Sunderland yesterday teatime ? Now THAT'S the sort of lucky break we desperately need right now !

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 11:47:28 AM »

well done to all that went , that gr8  turn out considering our situation , , lets get behind the boys in force on Tuesday , they need as much encouragement as possible , lets stop getting despondent and get the boys back up there

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 12:06:44 PM »

What else can we do... turn up and sing our hearts out, I'll be there Tuesday hoping for better, its all we can do right now.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »

We had about 60-65 there in all..including 8-10 brilliant young lads who deserved  a bit more than they got for 11 hours on a coach.

What you on about mate? We were living the Alty dream yesterday!  ;)

No but seriously, we are going to try and continue our away support because the team 100% need it from as many people as possible at the moment. Histon will be the next one for my lot I think..
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New reality