PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match commentary
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Match commentary  (Read 7085 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Match commentary
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »

Thank you radio robins for the time and effort that goes into a free service that many fans appreciate greatly.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »

I Just got a lot of stopping and starting,i put it down to the works computer.as i said earlier i cannot get into the chat room though on it.Got all the important stuff though.
Harold

Robin Reliant

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 05:53:15 PM »

The commentary on Radio Robins today was badly affected by the unreliable & poor internet service available to the team at Workington - the Radio Robins service is at the mercy of the quality of broadband available at the venue they are broadcasting from. Generally it has gone pretty well this season but today's service quality was well below standard and the RR team are as frustrated as the supporters listening.

Fortunately, JL's Match Update system was OK, and between that and R.Robins,it was possible to get a good indication of what was happening.

Many thanks to all concerned .

Jezza

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2012, 07:25:54 PM »

I'm not sure if any other club in this division has an online radio station.....don't know how many conference or football league clubs do either.....being online it is going to be subject to wifi service etc......it's absolutly f***ing amazing that the good people at radio robins have set up this service and I enjoy it whenever I can....today yes it cut in and out....but I was still able to follow the game...and normally it doesn't cut out at all.

Anyone having problems could try the usual clearing out cache and trying real player rather than windows media player etc....I'm sure over time your pc or the service will upgrade to improve the service.

radio robins and alty tv.....we are truelly the man utd of non league  ;D and eternal thanks to all those techy fans who continue to pioneer new methods of media....I look forward to 3D hologrammatic live coverage and if it flickers I aint gonna moan....

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »

just to clear up any misunderstanding from my posting.I was not having a go at Radio Robins,i love it.all i was saying was the works computer i can receive it but not great,the cutting out here in devon i put down to the works computer.Upto the beginning of december i could get a wifi signal on my laptop from an internet cafe this has now gone so i have to rely on the works machine which is crap,but better than nowt.Sadly cos i was using the works machine Jls new text service is blocked by Network Rail.
Harold

markecky

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »

With it being 1984 round there, it was miracle it worked at all I'd say.

I know we haven't exactly invested millions in our ground in recent years but that was like the land that time forgot.

The social club noticeboard offered miniibus bookings to "support the lads in the 2008/2009 season" and the player of the season board stopped at 2007.

That said the food was top notch...

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »

Seems Halifax have there own internet radio. I was trying to find their result today and went on there forum where there was a reference to it.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 09:39:02 PM »

I'm sorry that some people had problems today.......I have only just now become aware that there were issues for some listeners.

As our technical maestro....Mr. Zodiac.......has already posted, we depend upon the internet facilities at the ground we are at.Moss Lane has an excellent wireless internet signal & we very rarely have problems for home games now.Getting online at away games is dependent on the specific conditions at the stadium.Workington do not have wireless internet, therefore we had to use the Mobile Broadband device to broadcast using the mobile signal at the ground, which to be fair seemed pretty good.

I'm no technical expert, but I believe that the likelihood of individuals experiencing connection/buffering problems is higher when we use mobile broadband......although, to be fair, mobile broadband seems to have worked very well generally during the last few months.

Away games generally are a bigger challenge than home games for  the Radio Robins team & this is compounded by the fact that we generally have fewer of the team there to monitor what is happening.For home games, we generally have a team of three, therefore one person is assigned to monitor the forum & chatroom & we can pick up on problems fairly quickly.....at least in terms of being aware of them.Today, we only had one team member at Workington & it is not really practical to commentate & monitor the forum & the website.This afternoon, I was able to pick up some information from the chatroom, but the people on there seemed to be OK.....it was some of the people on the forum thread that seemed to be having difficulty.

Thanks to those people who posted on here today........we often only know that something is amiss, through a message on the forum or chatroom & we will do our best to minimise issues in future....particularly at away games.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:41:49 PM by Brian Flynn »

York Alty

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »

As far as I am concerned all the Radio Robins crew are all stars.  You bring the game to me.

many thanks from York.

VofD

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 11:14:25 PM »

With it being 1984 round there, it was miracle it worked at all I'd say.

I know we haven't exactly invested millions in our ground in recent years but that was like the land that time forgot.

The social club noticeboard offered miniibus bookings to "support the lads in the 2008/2009 season" and the player of the season board stopped at 2007.

That said the food was top notch...

You fat b******, you fat b****** ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match commentary