PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Waste of a tenner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Waste of a tenner  (Read 10378 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Waste of a tenner
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009, 11:00:04 PM »

We are the strongest team in the competition (ie only BSP team in it),

I think Chester City might have something to say about that!  ;)

Just noticed that when going through todays update. Completely forgot they were back in it again!!! Now edited
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Ste

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2009, 11:43:40 PM »

The performance lat night was indeed disappointing and I agree we should undoubtedly be taking apart teams like Witton, full squad or not. Ten pounds to lose like that is a joke and I'd pissed off if I'd have been able to go and coughed up the money. But lets not get carried away by thinking this is the end of the world as some seem to be suggesting.

The players are obviously going to have to try and prove themselves on Saturday and though no team is easy in the BSP I'm happy with Forest Green at home as fixture to show what we're made of. We've had a few single goal losses recently but look at the teams we've been playing, Oxford...Luton...Mansfield, these were always going to be tough and to lose by a goal against teams like these considering the injuries we've had/on loan players to incorporate in to the team, is at the very least admirable.

We haven't lost to a team below us in the BSP table yet (touch wood) and we've been suffering from injury problems since the first few weeks. If the fans get behind the team for forest green and we play with the same passion as seen at home against Mansfield just a few weeks ago we've then got short trips to Chester and Tamworth to look forward to. In a couple of weeks this'll be all behind us.

I'm not going to dwell on a sh*t performance for the CSC, it's simply not worth it and I hope the players won't either. Call me glass half full but if Heathcote gives the players a little kick up the arse and we move from the 11men behind the ball tactics of late then we'll win on Saturday. I'm going all-out optimism and saying 3-1. EH ALTY!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 12:24:07 AM »

Didn't even qualify as bad tonight I'm afraid.

We could have put shirts on an azalea bush and an ornamental fountain and got better performances than we did from a couple of our players

Phil,

Alas, I believe that we couldn't get international clearance for the azalea bush from the Cheshire FA and the ornamental fountain is serving a three match suspension after video evidence captured it squirting a jet of water into the Mansfield Chairman's eye recently....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 09:13:18 AM »

The problem with Azalea Bush is that, apart from the international clearance, her being female upset the FA. With a little cunning disguise, we could slip her past Colin Peake on to FGR's bench on Saturday............

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009, 12:34:47 PM »

I think Hughesy is looking at a higher level of investment but the SOS fund (i.e. the bucket collections at half time) are set aside solely for GH to strengthen the squad so we could do with everyone throwing in some loose change to that. Even if we only get £60 per game from 1000 people that's £1,500 a season - and we can and have done much better with that so get your money out people.

Anyone who wants to make a paypal donation to the SOS Fund can do so by visiting www.ideas4alty.com and following the "Bucket" link.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »

I think Hughesy is looking at a higher level of investment but the SOS fund (i.e. the bucket collections at half time) are set aside solely for GH to strengthen the squad so we could do with everyone throwing in some loose change to that. Even if we only get £60 per game from 1000 people that's £1,500 a season - and we can and have done much better with that so get your money out people.

Anyone who wants to make a paypal donation to the SOS Fund can do so by visiting www.ideas4alty.com and following the "Bucket" link.

Everything counts but its the weekly wage that we'd be struggling with I would guess rather than a signing fee
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »

All the more reason to do so then, bear in mind that the fund can be used to fund the wages of loan signings as well.

Everything counts but its the weekly wage that we'd be struggling with I would guess rather than a signing fee

bighairedmike

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2009, 04:19:20 AM »

The performance lat night was indeed disappointing and I agree we should undoubtedly be taking apart teams like Witton, full squad or not. Ten pounds to lose like that is a joke and I'd pissed off if I'd have been able to go and coughed up the money. But lets not get carried away by thinking this is the end of the world as some seem to be suggesting.

The players are obviously going to have to try and prove themselves on Saturday and though no team is easy in the BSP I'm happy with Forest Green at home as fixture to show what we're made of. We've had a few single goal losses recently but look at the teams we've been playing, Oxford...Luton...Mansfield, these were always going to be tough and to lose by a goal against teams like these considering the injuries we've had/on loan players to incorporate in to the team, is at the very least admirable.

We haven't lost to a team below us in the BSP table yet (touch wood) and we've been suffering from injury problems since the first few weeks. If the fans get behind the team for forest green and we play with the same passion as seen at home against Mansfield just a few weeks ago we've then got short trips to Chester and Tamworth to look forward to. In a couple of weeks this'll be all behind us.

I'm not going to dwell on a sh*t performance for the CSC, it's simply not worth it and I hope the players won't either. Call me glass half full but if Heathcote gives the players a little kick up the arse and we move from the 11men behind the ball tactics of late then we'll win on Saturday. I'm going all-out optimism and saying 3-1. EH ALTY!

You can not seriously be suggesting that you are looking forward to a trip to Tamworth, surely...

vic

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2009, 08:23:33 AM »

Don't forget this was wittons cup final no wonder they were up for it.
CSC is now a waste of time.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2009, 02:19:36 PM »

Don't forget this was wittons cup final no wonder they were up for it.
CSC is now a waste of time.

They were up for it last year when we comfortably coasted past them? That's the worrying bit.

Although in fairness they looked a much better outfit with some decent players. Good club Witton, something of a sleeping, well not giant but good to see them sorting themselves out. HAve them down as a Conference North club me, kind of like Hyde.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Waste of a tenner