PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Waste of a tenner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Waste of a tenner  (Read 10377 times)

markecky

Re: Waste of a tenner
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 03:43:23 PM »

Jezza, not very often I disagree with you but I think your're wrong on this one.  To say you wouidn't expect much of a showing is odd.

I turned up last night, paid a tenner I didn't really have and I expected us to use Conference class to overpower an opposition three leagues below as we usually do.

I didn't expect to see us playing two wingers and then leathering it as high as we could, or to come away with so few positives.  I enjoyed Wittons great finish for the first more than most of what we did.

I'm not arsed we went out of the CSC, I am arsed because I feel a bit cheated.

I know GH will agree, I just hope the players do.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:47:34 PM by markecky »

gunners11

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 03:54:49 PM »

some very upset people on the forum today and i do not blame you lot one bit. we such be brushing teams like witton albion under the carpet but instead they brushed us under the carpet. altrincham football club is a laughing stock. little clubs beating alty i would be a shamed redface and pissed off . i was looking at the forum couple of months ago and it said this alty will play like brazil. if they do not win against fgr on saturday then am going to support trafford or hyde or even fcum. NOT VERY HAPPY AT THIS MINUTE. i will chill on cod4 mw2

markecky

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 05:28:40 PM »

some very upset people on the forum today and i do not blame you lot one bit. we such be brushing teams like witton albion under the carpet but instead they brushed us under the carpet. altrincham football club is a laughing stock. little clubs beating alty i would be a shamed redface and pissed off . i was looking at the forum couple of months ago and it said this alty will play like brazil. if they do not win against fgr on saturday then am going to support trafford or hyde or even fcum. NOT VERY HAPPY AT THIS MINUTE. i will chill on cod4 mw2

You're nuts.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »

Simon Yeo is not the answer! He's just been released by Droylsden because he's past it so i doubt he'll do a job a division higher! Geoff Horsfield on the other hand...

I think Geoff Horsfield has retired after recovering from cancer ast year. I think he's coaching at Rotherham or something.

Two proven target men playing at a lower level are Luke Beckett and Glynn Hurst at Gainsborough. They went there for the money that the chairman was throwing around but it has gone pear shaped as it always does - see Gainsborough's recent results - maybe they could be tempted, but there again as long as they're getting thier money they might not be arsed and we couldn't afford them.

We did look as though we had stepped back 2 seasons last night which was really, really worrying.

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 06:35:45 PM »

I'm not too bothered about the cup, waste of time in my opinion. What I am bothered about though is the performance, last night we were awful and will get trounced by Forest Green on Saturday if we're like that. Denham looked okay considering he's on his way back, but like people have said we NEED a striker asap.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 07:40:50 PM »

I'm not too bothered about the cup, waste of time in my opinion. What I am bothered about though is the performance, last night we were awful and will get trounced by Forest Green on Saturday if we're like that. Denham looked okay considering he's on his way back, but like people have said we NEED a striker asap.

Agreed Denham and Coburn stood out for me last night- piss poor performance
ParkINson's red and white army

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 07:41:21 PM »

Every cloud
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Nonleaguer

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 08:30:47 PM »

Geoff Horsfield is currently at Port Vale and is not figuring much due to lack of match fitness. He is almost certainly not the answer.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »

Nathan Comley Excel

joe

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »

Now you are taking the piss JD!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 09:55:26 PM »

No need to worry, our cup woes are solved. Just booked a holiday with me mates for Saturday 8th May, Trophy Final day, thus meaning we will get to the final and I'll miss it!!!

Saying that, last night was an absolute disgrace. We are the strongest team in the competition (ie highest placed BSP team in it), so we should not perform like that!!! I was saying on way back from Oxford that its lucky we have 2 winnable games in FGR and Chester without key men Kearney and Smith. If we play like that again, we will lose both games.

Hopefully this is the kick up the backside and we will get the 3 points on Saturday. COME ON ALTY!!!

As a side note, how midtable can we become?? Our league record is W6 D6 L6, and we have now gone 5 defeats on the trot after 6 unbeaten.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:57:57 PM by Nasha »
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Butty

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »

Why are people saying we need a target man? This is exactly the same thing as last year, and we got around the problem by playing football, not Histonball.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 10:23:40 PM »

Why are people saying we need a target man? This is exactly the same thing as last year, and we got around the problem by playing football, not Histonball.

:D 

I wonder if it will ever catch on?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 10:25:07 PM »

:D 

I wonder if it will ever catch on?

On yer ead my son  ;)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »

We are the strongest team in the competition (ie only BSP team in it),

I think Chester City might have something to say about that!  ;)
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Waste of a tenner