PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Waste of a tenner
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Waste of a tenner  (Read 10376 times)

Jezza

Re: Waste of a tenner
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 09:39:17 AM »

The csc is always gonna be a waste of money...that's why attendances are so low.

I'm sure if he could the cote would have put out the youth team...I assume bookings and red cards earned in csc games count towards league games in a perverse cheshire fa dinosaur way? and the way we are playing we could end up in the agm cup again so it's just not worth sustaining another injury in this competition.

so witton were always gonna be more up for this than us.

I'm now hoping for a few decent league results to push us toward a comfartable end of season and then I'll take a bit of a trophy run.

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »

The csc is always gonna be a waste of money...that's why attendances are so low.

I'm sure if he could the cote would have put out the youth team...I assume bookings and red cards earned in csc games count towards league games in a perverse cheshire fa dinosaur way? and the way we are playing we could end up in the agm cup again so it's just not worth sustaining another injury in this competition.

I'm now hoping for a few decent league results to push us toward a comfartable end of season and then I'll take a bit of a trophy run.

I echo that. Sure, it's a bit disappointing to get dumped out by a team a few leagues below, but do we really care about this tinpot competition? I'd have taken a loss here if it meant three points on Saturday. A couple of players have also got some playing time under their belt now which will be good for the upcoming league programme.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 10:08:19 AM »

I echo that. Sure, it's a bit disappointing to get dumped out by a team a few leagues below, but do we really care about this tinpot competition? I'd have taken a loss here if it meant three points on Saturday. A couple of players have also got some playing time under their belt now which will be good for the upcoming league programme.

I hear what your saying guys but it shouldnt detract from the abject display last night. If as you infer that the club didnt really give a toss one way or the other then would they be so kind as to let me know next time so that I can save a 3 hour round trip

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »

Respect for your support and efforts for the team in your 3 hour trip that is commendable and I take my hat off to you.

I couldn't go lst night coz I was working but if if I wasn't working I would have gone....but I would have gone in the knowledge that it was a csc match and not to expect a 7 goal thriller with loads of commitment.....I would have gone secure in the knowledge I was likely gonna regret wasting my time and money apart from having the social interaction with a few mates etc.

The complaints about lacklustre FA Cup displays is fully justified as it means so much to fans, the club, the money etc....but csc? c'mon mate, it can't be that much of a surprise really surely?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 10:42:58 AM »

I think every paying customer, irrespective of the prize at stake, deserves to see the team try their best to win. To suggest that a below par performance is acceptable because the competition is less important is missing the point.

It was physically impossible for me to go last night, as is sadly the case for most games these days, but I would definitely have gone if I could. No doubt I would also have shared the disappointment of those who have posted on this thread, but as I said last night, hopefully the lads will play their hearts out and repay the fans with three points against FGR.
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »

And if denham had got injured for a month flying into a goal saving tackle, senior got sent off for madly arguing for a match winning clear cut pen and coburn got booked and suspended for hand ball outside the area no-one would say "that was ridiculous in a csc match"

I think you're right in that paying customers deserve entertainment, the real argument I think is about the admission price and the competition being serious enough to count toward players suspensions?.....

Personally I'd pay my tenner just to turn up and chat with a few mates and enjoy the matchday experience.....what about those Utd fans who pay through the nose for a meaningless european group match when they have aqlready qualified...is rooney supposed to risk injury by doing his absolute best or just turn up and do enough?

Interesting question of morality vs realism I reckon?

Certainly I hope the lads give nothing less than 110% risking life and limb for victory for 94 mins against FGR...anything less would be totally unaccpetable.

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »

Interestingly Vics won 6-0 v Cheadle town last town....that's entertainment!!!!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 11:16:43 AM »

Vics have a more expensively assembled side than we have,and a bigger squad that train 3 days a week. I dont want a kami kazi approach to the budget,but i wish we would find some way to fund the signing of a target man and a central midfielder.Even on loan,but we need to replace whats gone and quickly.We are powderpuff upfront,and have no conference quality centre mids with kearney out of the side.We MUST find ways to strengthen the squad.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »

totally agree with you Hughesy.. Personally, I think our season now hinges on whether or not we can get a striker.. probably one of the most difficult positions to fill. but we certainly need one. It would be a real shame if we start to slide down the league due to our inability to score goals consistantly..

Having said that where and how do we get someone to fill that role with our current financial situation?

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 12:12:11 PM »

Think it's either gonna be a lucky loan that works out like ryan shotton but a forward or go looking lower leagues for someone scoring 40 goals a season for flixton who will come to alty for conference footie not money.

Or send kingy round the sunday parks for a mad-dog who scores goals!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »

Or invite offers for serious investment and buy one...... Geoff horsfield and simon yeo are doing nothing at the moment

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »

Vics have a more expensively assembled side than we have,and a bigger squad that train 3 days a week. I dont want a kami kazi approach to the budget,but i wish we would find some way to fund the signing of a target man and a central midfielder.Even on loan,but we need to replace whats gone and quickly.We are powderpuff upfront,and have no conference quality centre mids with kearney out of the side.We MUST find ways to strengthen the squad.

I think Hughesy is looking at a higher level of investment but the SOS fund (i.e. the bucket collections at half time) are set aside solely for GH to strengthen the squad so we could do with everyone throwing in some loose change to that. Even if we only get £60 per game from 1000 people that's £1,500 a season - and we can and have done much better with that so get your money out people.

And it's imperative we all buy tickets for the New Years Day draw when they go on sale at the Barrow game.  :)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 01:12:22 PM »

The key issue regarding last night's surrender to Witton Albion concerns the Alty performance, which was utterly abject, and I now genuinely fear for us in the weeks ahead, particularly as our attacking options look desperately tame and limited.

After the opening 30 minutes of watching our defenders hitting fatuous long and high balls towards our bonsai forwards, it was no wonder that Graham Heathcote berated his team for playing "alehouse football", as he aptly termed it.

Welch looked extremely rusty and ponderous.

Young endured probably the worst game that I have ever seen him have for the Robins.

The challenge by Robbie Williams that led to the Witton penalty was absolutely ludicrous!

An Alty midfield minus Kearney simply has no creativity whatsoever.

Senior and Little were about as menacing as a gathering of Quakers.

Denham was surely our best player on the night.

If it's indeed correct that GH has summoned the squad back for an extra training session this evening in response to last night's pitiful display, then I can only applaud him and hope that the players duly react with a vastly improved performance against Forest Green Rovers on Saturday.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

joe

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

Simon Yeo is not the answer! He's just been released by Droylsden because he's past it so i doubt he'll do a job a division higher! Geoff Horsfield on the other hand...

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »

I hope there's a vast improvement by saturday. I couldn't bear another display like the one against FGR last year.
I'm even getting nervous for how we will play at the Deva, Chester seem to be improving rapidly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Waste of a tenner