Re: Twiss
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 06:44:25 PM »

He's crap, has been from day one.

End of.

Spot on, no more to be said

taxi Phil

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 09:08:16 PM »

The mistake GH made wasn't signing him, it was giving him a TWO YEAR contract at his age !

Bath Alty

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »

Presumably there is a way of sacking Twiss for being cr@p at his job, just  like there is for the rest of us?

taxi Phil

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 12:11:44 AM »

Presumably there is a way of sacking Twiss for being cr@p at his job, just  like there is for the rest of us?
You can't just sack someone for being crap - most of the Town Halls would be empty ! He'd have to breach his contract. Would yesterday's pathetic effort count as "gross industrial misconduct" I wonder ?

Bath Alty

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 12:15:08 AM »

If I sign a two year contract I have to do more than just turn up at the office and sit in a chair being physically present while clearly not giving a sh!t about doing actual work.  I get a crap performance review followed by a formal warning and if my performance doesn't improve it's bye bye.

markecky

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 08:23:12 AM »

Every manager signs good and bad players.

It's been said above it was the length of contract that was the killer. Especially as we often don't give 2 year deals to our better players.

He must have thought it was Christmas.  Do your own turkey/pudding gags here...

Dougals Dad

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 11:43:44 AM »

Does he eat Pukka, Hollands or Wrights pies?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »

Every manager signs good and bad players.

It's been said above it was the length of contract that was the killer. Especially as we often don't give 2 year deals to our better players.

He must have thought it was Christmas.  Do your own turkey/pudding gags here...

^^^^^
This.......        Particularly in light of his disatrous spell at Stalybridge. Twiss has every right to pick up the money from the deal he's been offered, blame must go on who offered it. I would say maybe Twiss does not have the mental ability to cope with his declining physical abilities. The best bet would be for him to join another club even if we paid part of his wages or had to give a severance payment (but not as much as the last severance payment we gave.....). Beesley on the other hand had a hip operation 2 years ago and even if the mind is willing (I think he's mates with Ken/Bimmo and wouldn't want to let them down... I think) the body is clearly weak.

Wes Baynes needs to realise that his next club will be at Unibond/Welsh League level if he doesn't pull his finger out, he probably thinks another professional club will come in for him.

Come on fellas sort it out, I'll be prepared to forgive and forget if you can just pull out performances over the next 5 games that show us why you were once rated by people. Even though Twiss was never as good as Colin Little.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 12:12:28 PM »

Does he eat Pukka, Hollands or Wrights pies?

Given his 'stocky' appearance I'd guess he eats all three !!  ;D  ;D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 12:19:01 PM »

Even though Twiss was never as good as Colin Little.

Despite our collective annoyance at Twiss for being unfit and a huge disappointment, I do feel that part of the problem has been the fact we thought we were getting another "Colin Little" when he signed for us.

Just goes to show what a one-off Colin Little was and how lucky we were that he gave us 5 years of great service.
Come on Alty!

Jacko

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 12:24:43 PM »

I think Gh payed ultimate penalty for signing a duck egg, maybe he was the only striker available, but Gh new what to do once he got his team last season, he just couldn't keep the players, don't forget km may have even recommended twiss!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »

Speaking of duffers who were inexplicably given a contract last Summer, I note that Kevin Holsgrove was sent off whilst playing for Hyde last Saturday.

So, no point in recalling him to replace Beesley then.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »

Well quite, I must disagree with a previous poster actually. As much as Beesley can be anonymous and Baynes brittle both of them have offered far more than Holmes (slowest 23 year old I ever saw), McCready (no more than a trialist), Holsgrove (looks the part physically but was utterly bewildered whenever actually on the pitch) and co.

Had we had Beesley and Baynes at the start of the season we would at least have been able to rest or replace at an appropriate moment in the game both Nicky Clee and in particualr Chris Denham.

A full season of a relatively injury niggle free Chris Denham and Nicky Clee would surely not see us hovering in 22nd place in April.

markecky

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »

Chris Denham...dare we dream of a spectacular return against Newport?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 04:30:39 PM »

God I hope so.

It's so irritating that we might go down when we could field

Coburn

Smith Williams Young Piergiani

Densmore Lawton Connors Clee

Reeves Johnson

Subs Dootson Joseph Danylyk Denham Baynes/Beesley/Twiss

Aaaarghh, this season is driving me nuts!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twiss