https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twiss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Twiss  (Read 10349 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Twiss
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »

If I remember, when GH signed up Twiss we reckoned this was a great coup. How were we to know that Twiss (IMHO) didn't have the heart for another season of playing football.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »

I would suggest that, with respect to all those involved, even a minimal amount of research would have identified what a number of the speccies had already found out

i.e. He was neither fit nor seemed particularly bothered (Info gleaned from a Stalybridge fan of my acquaintance) so long as he got paid

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »

Like Colin Little ? More like fkn Chicken Little !

altyshop

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »

Wahey something I can comment on :)

Twiss was fat when he got here, so therefore was fat and unfit when he signed. If someone wants to give me some money to take up space on a random non league clubs sub bench \ stand then I wouldn't say no ?.. He's not helped himself and should have done more to get fit but he was considerably helped into getting a nice contract from the club?

Although to stick up for the signing he SHOULD have been a good one and I was happy when he signed, the fact is that he shouldn't have been given such a contract...

I agree with this i was happy when we signed him, did some research saw some of the goals he scored on youtube and saw his scoring records and i thought he would be a great signing. But he hasnt got himself fit and hasnt look interested.
But it wasnt his fault he was offered top money and I can say most people on this forum would have snapped Heathcotes hand off if they were offered the same money. The signing is 50/50 Heathcote and Twiss fault
the signing is 100% heathcote's fault
if gh done his homework properly, Twiss was on loan at Staylbridge before we signed him and looked overweight,uninterested,useless,lazy player!
is anyone surprised when we got a overweight,uninterested,useless,lazy player!
who can blame the player for signing a 2 year deal,who will be a top earner at the club, its all one mans fault and his name is Graham Heathcote

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »

If I remember, when GH signed up Twiss we reckoned this was a great coup. How were we to know that Twiss (IMHO) didn't have the heart for another season of playing football.

Spot on - you can do all the research in the world- it comes down to the individual at the end of the day to care and try
ParkINson's red and white army

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »

if gh done his homework properly, Twiss was on loan at Staylbridge before we signed him and looked overweight,uninterested,useless,lazy player!
who can blame the player for signing a 2 year deal,who will be a top earner at the club, its all one mans fault and his name is Graham Heathcote

Hear, hear.

Absolutely spot on.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »

Michael Twiss has in my opinion underachieved this season. But his 4 league goals have helped us towards 10 very important points. Without those points we would have been already relegated.

Right, let's make a (probably conservative, though I have no access to the facts and figures of the wage bill at Moss Lane) estimate that Twiss is on £300 per week at Alty.

To date, the duration of this season has been 35 weeks.

Consequently, Twiss has received a total of £10,500 (35 x £300) from Altrincham FC so far, during which time he has scored merely four goals for the club.

So, I calculate that his goals have cost us £2,625 each.

Hardly a great return on our investment, is it?

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

roytonmike

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 04:04:15 PM »

If Johnson & Reeves are both fit, I would like to see both Twiss and Beesley omitted from the matchday squads altogether from now until the end of the season. A youth teamer should be named (and when necessary used) as a forward substitute, on the basis that he will provide more genuine effort and enthusiasm than the two other gentlemen combined. If either Johnson or Reeves is injured, it's probably unfair on a youth teamer to ask him to start, but that's the only circumstance under which I would want to see either Twiss or Beesley again.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »

Hear, hear.

Absolutely spot on.

Oh that wonderfull thing called hindsight

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »

Hear, hear.

Absolutely spot on.

Oh that wonderfull thing called hindsight

Oh dear, you've managed to miss the point in spectacular fashion!

Most people knew 12 months ago that Twiss was a spent force when he was proving to be a waste of space at Stalybridge Celtic.

Why on earth he was ever offered a two year contract by Graham Heathcote, I will never comprehend. 

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 04:50:53 PM »

Probably because we could get no one else btw i am not defending twiss he has been awful i am just waiting for us to blame our woefull goal difference on him soon as well

We have had failings all over the park this season not just twiss some GH brought in some not

Being a manager in any job bears risks some pay off some dont

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 05:04:12 PM »

Did nothing yesterday, like some statue. Quickest he moved was to get out of the way of a pass.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jezza

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »

I have it on very good authority that the 'cote signed twiss coz he had him on football manager and he scored 35 goals and his team won the league......it was football manager for windows 95 mind....

I can remember asking on this forum what had happened to twiss in pre season friendlies as he had made a splash by signing and since gone completely off the radar.....I can remember being shocked at being told he'd appeared to have spent his summer eating.

There must surely be a clause in the contract where players are expected to maintain a minimum level of fitness?

The 'cote made many incredible signings.....but made several big big contract errors (bowler, Thompson) that he'd admitted had completely tied his hands later in the season.

We needed replacements for chris senior and colin little, Reeves has been brilliant I think, and most people were gutted dale had gone.

Maybe the script is written for twiss to score the goal that keeps us up?....defelcted off a flying pig perhaps?

Prove us wrong Michael!!!! I do think you owe us, we've stuck by you as best a club's fanbase would I reckon.......

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 05:11:40 PM »

And before any one asks me- Was i a GH fan- yes i was- just as i was of Bernard; Kingy; and of course Ken

GH has gone his decisions cost him his job

All i want is for the club to stay at this level like i am sure we all do

I will Be at Fleetwood getting behind the lads as always

Longman

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 06:22:22 PM »

He's crap, has been from day one.

End of.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twiss