Twiss
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Twiss  (Read 10350 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Twiss
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:01:39 PM »

Not only has he helped dragged the club into debt but also into BSN.

How he can look in the mirror after getting (well) paid is unreal.

In the last two games I've seen him win two balls upfront. It would be nothing short of common decency to walk at the end of the season.

Come Saturday I'd rather have Woods of Kidd in an Alty than him.

The stadium announcer also got on my tits today.
Full time and proud of it

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Twiss
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »

The stadium announcer also got on my tits today.

Isn't Colin Peake their stadium announcer?

If so, that would explain it.
Come on Alty!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:08:38 PM »

Michael Twiss has in my opinion underachieved this season. But his 4 league goals have helped us towards 10 very important points. Without those points we would have been already relegated.
They really should be beating teams like us

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 08:16:32 PM »

I dont like seeing players ripped to shreds on forums,as they dont really have a right to reply.But I think the best thing for all parties would be for micheal to ask for his contract to be cancelled at the end of this season.He clearly isnt and wont be the player he was.He hasnt even stood out against curzon or northwich,i will accept sh*t players,it goes with the level we operate at,but not sh*t players earning top dollar.He is totally out of condition aswell

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »

To be fair, I normally don't agree with slagging off players on here either. However, the fans pay their money towards the wages of the players and I feel that Twiss stuck two fingers up at everyone by turning up at the beginning of the season looking as though he'd just competed at the world pie eating championships.

If his heart wasn't in it anymore he should have retired last summer, simple as that.
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 08:58:06 PM »

I dont like seeing players ripped to shreds on forums,as they dont really have a right to reply.But I think the best thing for all parties would be for micheal to ask for his contract to be cancelled at the end of this season.He clearly isnt and wont be the player he was.He hasnt even stood out against curzon or northwich,i will accept sh*t players,it goes with the level we operate at,but not sh*t players earning top dollar.He is totally out of condition aswell

He is welcome to come here and use my fkn laptop to reply to the criticism he gets on here... I have said for a while that the man doesnt cut the mustard at any level we have played at this season...

I agree with Hughesy's post he should do the honourable thing at the season end...

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »

At the start of the season I though he is a good player, just unfit.

As the weeks and month progressed, it became clear that not only was his fitness lacking but his desire and attitude. Despite this is still believed he was a class act and had all the technical attributes of a good player, if not the mental or physical.

After today, however, I am convinced he is a lacking in all departments. He looked completely inept upfront and at no point in the game did he even look like producing anything.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 09:06:31 PM »

I think he is trying but his quality has long gone, he is probably as frustrated as we are, time to retire
Bernard Taylors barmy army

ALTYGAL

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 10:27:26 PM »

sunday pub team is calling  ;D

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 01:34:12 AM »

sunday pub team is calling  ;D
I think too many Sunday DINNERS have been calling unfortunately.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 09:13:45 AM »

just a thought,do you think his confidence has gone and he needs encouragment?Having said that i have not been to a game this season.
Harold

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 09:18:06 AM »

Ken is always shouting encouragement and the fans have not got on his back.

altyshop

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »

Twiss has been hopeless since pre-season
Heathcote said he reminded him of Colin Little!
We all gave the lad a chance, saying when he gets games he will look sharper and better but to be honest if the player doesnt want to put the effort himself what chance have we got.
The list of players that were released whilst he got a 2 year deal(probably on top money) id take all these players before him
    carden
    doran
    holmes
    mccredy
    and maybe even maclasiky
    twiss needs releasing asap
    how does he sleep at night

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 09:54:46 AM »

Wahey something I can comment on :)

Twiss was fat when he got here, so therefore was fat and unfit when he signed. If someone wants to give me some money to take up space on a random non league clubs sub bench \ stand then I wouldn't say no ?.. He's not helped himself and should have done more to get fit but he was considerably helped into getting a nice contract from the club?

Although to stick up for the signing he SHOULD have been a good one and I was happy when he signed, the fact is that he shouldn't have been given such a contract...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:56:51 AM by gazwarrington »

dunhamalty

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 10:44:55 AM »

Wahey something I can comment on :)

Twiss was fat when he got here, so therefore was fat and unfit when he signed. If someone wants to give me some money to take up space on a random non league clubs sub bench \ stand then I wouldn't say no ?.. He's not helped himself and should have done more to get fit but he was considerably helped into getting a nice contract from the club?

Although to stick up for the signing he SHOULD have been a good one and I was happy when he signed, the fact is that he shouldn't have been given such a contract...

I agree with this i was happy when we signed him, did some research saw some of the goals he scored on youtube and saw his scoring records and i thought he would be a great signing. But he hasnt got himself fit and hasnt look interested.
But it wasnt his fault he was offered top money and I can say most people on this forum would have snapped Heathcotes hand off if they were offered the same money. The signing is 50/50 Heathcote and Twiss fault
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Twiss