PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Days Like These
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Days Like These  (Read 11052 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Days Like These
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2014, 04:55:41 PM »

Looking back, a pivotal moment in my Alty supporting years was the 2-0 FA Cup 1st Round victory over Hartlepool at Moss Lane back in November 1973.

I'd started watching the Robins during the 1971/72 season, however, it was this particular match which almost certainly ensured that I would be hooked for life as an Alty follower.

Andy Windsor struck an awesome 30-yard thunderbolt into the net at the Chequers End for the second goal, prompting wild celebrations, and I'm still here all these years later...

I was on pop side ball boy duty that day along with an excitable lad called Brian something or other. "Andy Windsor, Andy Windsor ,Andy Windsor" I seem to remember him shouting for some considerable time after that goal. Wonder what happened to him?

thegazelle

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2014, 05:05:27 PM »

we have done this thread so many times the youngster must be sick of us old farts going on about these games . we were so honoured to have lived through those days .

a win on saturday could start a whole new generation of fans going on about the glory years let the good days begin from saturday .

one of my favourites apart from sheff utd . liverpool , tottenham twice, blackpool twice, sC**thorpe twice etc etc etc

was southport in 1978 and 4-3 at home . i remember a massive crowd packed in the golf road through out the game despite southport shooting there first half . they had a gang of lads who had acted big at the previous league game  they shat it at the cup match courtesy of our rent a nutter policy in those days .
a four three win to boot with jeff johnston winner send ing the gold road crazy fantastic game of football

RocketDan

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2014, 07:14:20 PM »

Not really a thread for the youngsters this.

Baring the play off final at Stoke we've not had too much to cheer in the past decade. Beating Northwich 3-0 on Boxing day 2006 would be right up there though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVofdLqAmk

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »

Looking back, a pivotal moment in my Alty supporting years was the 2-0 FA Cup 1st Round victory over Hartlepool at Moss Lane back in November 1973.

I'd started watching the Robins during the 1971/72 season, however, it was this particular match which almost certainly ensured that I would be hooked for life as an Alty follower.

Andy Windsor struck an awesome 30-yard thunderbolt into the net at the Chequers End for the second goal, prompting wild celebrations, and I'm still here all these years later...

I was on pop side ball boy duty that day along with an excitable lad called Brian something or other. "Andy Windsor, Andy Windsor ,Andy Windsor" I seem to remember him shouting for some considerable time after that goal. Wonder what happened to him?

Very special game that.....the first time that I saw us beat a league club (you too I guess).......Windsor's goal was an incredible strike.Over 40 years ago.....blimey!

andrewflynn

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2014, 07:17:48 PM »

Not really a thread for the youngsters this.

Baring the play off final at Stoke we've not had too much to cheer in the past decade. Beating Northwich 3-0 on Boxing day 2006 would be right up there though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVofdLqAmk

I was stood directly in line with Rod Thornley's cartwheel, aged 12.

Bath Alty

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2014, 11:48:38 PM »

You can add today to the list ;D

Absolutely brilliant- fans. Team and most importantly result
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Days Like These