PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YORK CITY.......
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: YORK CITY.......  (Read 5341 times)

taxi Phil

YORK CITY.......
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »

.......are looking to reduce their squad of 25 players. Not clear whether they want to sell or loan the surplus men, but a certain central defender.......

York Alty

Re: YORK CITY.......
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 10:59:52 PM »

interesting situation that. they sut their cash on being promoted last season, and now it seems that the cash from two Wembley runs in two years has run out.  Hence the Brodie sale, and now cutting their squad.  hmmm, tough times around the corner for the Damned Yorkists.

Narcissist

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »

As much as I agree that we need to stop thinking about ex-players coming back and focus on new ones this certainly could be an option. Youngy isnt getting regular games there and maybe York will consider letting him come back for 3  months to get some match fitness.

Im not sure its a central defender that we are sorely missing though, surely our priority is to get a target man to accompany Twiss, or a bit of pace and never stop running attitude.

Besides if they want to reduce the 25 man squad I think we'd be expected to pay his wages which I doubt we can afford.

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »

As much as I agree that we need to stop thinking about ex-players coming back and focus on new ones this certainly could be an option. Youngy isnt getting regular games there and maybe York will consider letting him come back for 3  months to get some match fitness.

Im not sure its a central defender that we are sorely missing though, surely our priority is to get a target man to accompany Twiss, or a bit of pace and never stop running attitude.

Besides if they want to reduce the 25 man squad I think we'd be expected to pay his wages which I doubt we can afford.

What's he likely to be on there? £500? £600?

£12,500 for beating Gateshead would pay those kind of wages for months...

brian1925

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »

We absolutely need a third centre half, particularly if we cannot keep hold of Matt Somner in defensive midfield, so need to resort back to 5-2-3 system. Would love to see Youngy back, but I'm sure he moved to York not primarily to get full-time footy, but to be closer to home. Having said that, if things are that bad for him at York, I'm sure he'll cast the odd glance back to us with a friendly reception guaranteed and all the happy memories.

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 11:55:12 AM »

I guess that depends on if 12500 will become available for wages or if it pays the bills?

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »

I guess that depends on if 12500 will become available for wages or if it pays the bills?

I didn't think we budgeted for the cup?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »

If Youngy ends up anywhere else my guess would be Darlo - he has a little friend there!

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »

I would expect him to go to another BSP full time club if he were to go out on loan.

John Crewe

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 05:46:14 PM »

doubt he would go darlo. More probs than york. doubt senior will be there long either

62vintage

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »

A good source told me that Senior was watching Blackburn Rovers under 10`s last Sunday, perhaps he will get a game with them!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Froz

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »

so bored of people on here linking us with former players, just heard from a very reliable source that Jeff Wealands is monitoring the goalkeeper position closely.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »

I was in York today, and was told youngy was dropped last weekend from the squad completely, and Mills has been praising the two centre halfs he played against Bath (McGurk and Parslow), and Sangare the other one was on the bench. So it must be a strong possibility that Young may be one who gets loaned out,.....question is where :-\ answers on a postcard please ;D

T.A

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »

York have just signed a defender on loan from Mansfield for 3 months.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »

So they are cutting the squad and have got another defender in?

Whether it be to us or not surely that will mean Youngy will go out on loan to someone now...
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YORK CITY.......