News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 4 league wins on the trot

Author Topic: 4 league wins on the trot  (Read 2355 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 15, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »

I thought the jinx was going to strike again, first time since we were last in this league, let's make it five next week, and let's see many hundreds of us make the short trip to bowerfold

RocketDan

Re: 4 league wins on the trot
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 06:09:41 PM »

upto 5th in the league also.

how many of us would take that come the end of the season.

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 06:25:41 PM »

upto 5th in the league also.

how many of us would take that come the end of the season.

i think we can go a spot or two higher. 

mikealty

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 08:12:55 PM »

If we beat Celtic on Saturday, I reckon, if there isn't an injury crisis, that we can win this league. Very naive I know! But Hyde WILL slip up, and I think there's something special about this squad.

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 10:35:02 PM »

love your confidence mikealty - personally I'm not so sure.  we let too many in.  we struggled against guisely even when 2 up. play offs for us in my opinion.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 10:40:43 PM »

Before we all get carried away, we play a lovely short passing game that isn't going to be suited by the sort of mudheaps we'll encounter at some of the more primitive grounds once winter starts to bite. We're by no means certainties yet - but I reckon we're in with a shout. I've enjoyed this season so far more than the whole of the last three seasons put together !

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 11:35:53 PM »

Please dont say that you would rather be in this league. The Conference Premier should be the bare minimum league that we should expect to be in. As has been said elsewhere as a club we do not fit in the conference north its just a shame that on the pitch we do for the moment

bumble

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 11:45:26 PM »

Please dont say that you would rather be in this league. The Conference Premier should be the bare minimum league that we should expect to be in. As has been said elsewhere as a club we do not fit in the conference north its just a shame that on the pitch we do for the moment

Ofc the conference premier is the aim - but I've enjoyed this season because I get back from away games at a reasonable hour, I get a lie instead of being up at 8 (or early some weeks) - I've witnessed two 6-1 Victorys and go to each match in genuine belief we can win as oppose to hoping / praying we get a point....

Having said that I'd love to back in the BSP even with long trips, ott stewarding and the occasional drumming

joe

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 11:52:51 PM »

No one did..

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »

No one did..

I think he was making a 'pre-emptive' comment!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team