PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midfield
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Midfield  (Read 7797 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Midfield
« on: August 03, 2019, 04:54:16 PM »

We still need that centre mid with that little more without any doubt.

Arnold will be a Daniels. Start Walters.

A lot better with Dens in the team.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Midfield
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 05:12:12 PM »

Wasn't there today, but surely Arnold deserves a bit more of a chance before being written off? I remember thinking Hulme was absolutely garbage a couple of weeks into the Evo Stik season (I wasn't the only one) and look how wrong I was there.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 05:18:08 PM by RageAgainstTheFirstTeam »
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 05:19:43 PM »

Disappointing that. Not the end of the world though. Once York got over their jiitters they looked like the full-time well-funded football team they didn't appear to be last year. Physically stronger and fiitter without necessarily being better footballers was the diffference. Altrincham ran out of steam after thirty minutes. Nathan Arnold showed one or two nice touches but he maybe needs to look across the other side of the pitch at his opposite winger and learn what putting in a shift means.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 05:22:30 PM »

Wasn't there today, but surely Arnold deserves a bit more of a chance before being written off? I remember thinking Hulme was absolutely garbage a couple of weeks into the Evo Stik season (I wasn't the only one) and look how wrong I was there.

He hasn't the pace for being out wide. At this level it is intense and very good. You need pace,confidence and tracking back. Again prove me wrong.

Ceesay dropped off towards the end and Hemmings returned but we were a level above with either. That includes Dale. We need that level. Dolan was that level but bad attitude apparently so see ya.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 05:23:14 PM »

Drench rightly got motm against the title favourites we looked a bit slow in midfield .I will be surprised if York dont win the league.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 06:08:08 PM by Timperley The Best »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 05:26:36 PM »

Drench rightly got motm against the title favourites we looked a bit slow in midfiled

A stable and decent keeper. What we need.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 05:42:39 PM »

Hopefully by Tuesday Jordan Hulme has realised that nobody needs to be afraid of any of the players in this league.

Weirdly we were very good for 30 minutes, scored, and didn't play OUR way for the remaining 60...

Very disappointed that after constantly passing the ball and playing the right way all summer we lost our way after being in the front foot.

Different game if we scored our second and or third from the numerous chances we had.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 05:43:11 PM »

Losing Williams didn't help, but the ref got that one right. We lost the game in midfield for me, but that was no surprise. It'll be a very good side that stops York winning the league.

Nathan Arnold has me scratching my head. Is he a winger ? He was barely on the wing ! We were way too narrow today.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 06:31:37 PM »

We lacked any kind of steel whatsoever - Moult and Richman walk back into the team, basically. Willo didn't look right after he took an early knock and I don't think we won a single 50-50. Harrop's stats for Alty can't be good, we're never solid with him in there.

Fat git he might be, but leaders like McNulty make the difference at this level. He gave everyone else around him that bit of assurance that we simply didn't have.

However, football will eventually catch up with him, and he was there to be pressured today - yet Jordan was well off the pace (again). Peers can only put the ball in net, should have been straight swap.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 06:56:14 PM »

We lacked any kind of steel whatsoever - Moult and Richman walk back into the team, basically. Willo didn't look right after he took an early knock and I don't think we won a single 50-50. Harrop's stats for Alty can't be good, we're never solid with him in there.

Fat git he might be, but leaders like McNulty make the difference at this level. He gave everyone else around him that bit of assurance that we simply didn't have.

However, football will eventually catch up with him, and he was there to be pressured today - yet Jordan was well off the pace (again). Peers can only put the ball in net, should have been straight swap.

Have to agree with this and a lot of what else has been said above

McNulty did not break into a sweat today.....lost his man once only in my opinion and won every header as you would expect
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 07:16:18 PM »

Agree with the majority of the above. Toby Mullarkey has to start on Tuesday night, he looks good and if he isnt played in a back three then id be tempted to put him in midfield. Arnold and Hulme were anonymous for the majority of the game. No complaints about the result, but things could have been different if we had scored one of the early chances (Hulme and JJ).

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 08:46:04 PM »

Mullarkey, Densmore and Walters should start on Tues. We miss Hancock.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:48:23 PM by oneedham »

roytonmike

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »

Midfield is not competitive enough without Richman; Moult would of course also make a difference but we have to accept that he's unlikely to be available this month. I assume Williams will miss next Saturday rather than Tuesday - if Richman were fit by next weekend that would help. My own feeling is that against sides who flood the midfield & compete vigorously, such as York, two wide players who basically aren't built for putting their foot in is a luxury, but short of playing Densmore in midfield - a procedure fraught with danger - we don't possess any real alternative for this week's games.
On a different note - would somebody please explain to me what Peers brings to the party? My gut feeling is that Chadwick would have been a better option as reserve striker, but we are where we are.
York will be there or thereabouts at season's end - they looked like a rather better Chorley to me in some ways. 

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2019, 10:05:45 PM »

I questioned the re signing of Peers a few months ago and got royally slagged off..Chadwick gave us something different

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2019, 10:25:04 PM »

Bit harsh on Peers really, he's a striker and that's it.

If anything he should have been given longer - and up top.

Agree he looked dreadful on the wing.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midfield