PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fa cup Round 2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Fa cup Round 2  (Read 36932 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fa cup Round 2
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2015, 12:10:53 PM »

Bradford v Aldershot
Maidenhead v Port Vale

Both these replays Chosen for live TV on BT, each club gets £33k
[/quote

Bit harsh on Boreham Wood and Vics]
Full time and proud of it

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2015, 12:16:21 PM »

Bradford v Aldershot
Maidenhead v Port Vale

Both these replays Chosen for live TV on BT, each club gets £33k

Bit harsh on Boreham Wood and Vics
It's really not.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jezza

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2015, 12:25:28 PM »

At least we can be sure the club wont view the coaches as a profit spinner and hike up the prices.......I would hope a break even offer for coach and ticket is available?

Which reminds me well done on not hiking up the prices for the barnsley game which I assume they would have been perfectly at liberty to do....

York Alty

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2015, 12:44:59 PM »

At least we can be sure the club wont view the coaches as a profit spinner and hike up the prices.......I would hope a break even offer for coach and ticket is available?

Which reminds me well done on not hiking up the prices for the barnsley game which I assume they would have been perfectly at liberty to do....

If Macc can do a bus + match combo, I like to think we can too.

Beaver

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2015, 12:45:26 PM »

I was incredibly gutted by the draw initially and even more gutted on how far away it is, as considering I am a student this will cost a few bob! Does anyone know if the club may subsidise the coach at all?

Anyway, even though dissappointed, I do think we have a chance of getting a result, as we have the capability as everyone knows, to step it up when we come up against better opposition! Would take a draw hands down now and try and grind something out of a replay.

No chance.
But " thank you all very much for your great support" is what you'll get.

Because there's no need for anything more.

Have we really got to the stage where we're slagging off the club for not (effectively) giving the fans money?

If they we're going to subsidise any trip it should be some awful trip in the middle of the season meaning those that benefit are the hardcore. What's the point ins subsidising something that lots of people will go to anyway?

Completely agree. And what is making a profit anyway? The person organising the coaches and doing all the donkey work is most likely doing it for free in their own time. Break even might suggest that the only cost is the coaches themselves. I'm sure the club won't see this as an opportunity to boost the coffers.

Just get as many down there as possible.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2015, 01:07:31 PM »

I've been talking to a Southend fan at work and he basically reiterated what John Laidlar pointed out yesterday, which is that Colchester do concede a lot and have been involved in some very high scoring games this season. Not to underestimate what looks like a very considerable task, but if we go there and show the same fight we did on Saturday, we might just get something. This is the FA Cup and funny things happen every year.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »

If Macc can do a bus + match combo, I like to think we can too.

Macc's odd chairman / benefactor who doesn't want to get involved most of the time until there's a bit of glory underwrote the cost

Our coaches are provided at the minimal cost we can do so already.

bighairedmike

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2015, 04:03:14 PM »

I was incredibly gutted by the draw initially and even more gutted on how far away it is, as considering I am a student this will cost a few bob! Does anyone know if the club may subsidise the coach at all?

Anyway, even though dissappointed, I do think we have a chance of getting a result, as we have the capability as everyone knows, to step it up when we come up against better opposition! Would take a draw hands down now and try and grind something out of a replay.

As you are a student you will be on a subsidised coach rate, and a subsidised ticket for the game. What more do you want? Free travel and the chairman to buy you a pie and a pint at the other end as well?!

altylevy

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »

If anyone will be driving from the Bristol area, please be in touch!

bighairedmike

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2015, 11:21:58 PM »

If anyone will be driving from the Bristol area, please be in touch!

There is actually the potential for the worlds oddest journey to Colchester from Alty via Cardiff, to pick you up. Personal message me and I'll be in touch soon.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2015, 03:19:40 PM »

No chance.
But " thank you all very much for your great support" is what you'll get.

I see the club are part-subsidising the coach travel to Colchester...

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2015, 03:57:31 PM »

Fantastic gesture to subsidise the coaches. £25.00 is a very good price compared to the train, need to get as many there as possible. We had 395 at Luton I believe in 2007 or 8 for a first round tie, be good to at least match that if not beat it.

GB Alty

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2015, 04:28:27 PM »

Fantastic gesture to subsidise the coaches. £25.00 is a very good price compared to the train, need to get as many there as possible. We had 395 at Luton I believe in 2007 or 8 for a first round tie, be good to at least match that if not beat it.
should be 5-600 at least for a second round draw, but it won't be - it's not a great draw either distance or anticipation

York Alty

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2015, 04:47:40 PM »

should be 5-600 at least for a second round draw, but it won't be - it's not a great draw either distance or anticipation

add in the time of year, three weeks before crimbo, and suddenly for some of us it becomes a serious outlay of cash. Working on it...

eightiesrobin

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2015, 10:18:54 PM »

Having not set foot on a football coach since 1986, I ask you those who know, what are they like these days?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fa cup Round 2