PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fa cup Round 2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Fa cup Round 2  (Read 36941 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fa cup Round 2
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2015, 07:28:32 AM »

The more I look at these fixtures it's nailed on we'll be Sunday, both us and Colchester missed out on TV money this weekend with both playing Saturday. Nine matches involving Non-League sides for definite so you'd think a Friday night & Monday night from those and the rest on the Sunday 2pm

The all league one and two games will probably all be Saturday 3pm apart from maybe Bury v Rochdale which might be the Sunday lunchtime game which the gmp would be delighted with from a point of view of people not turning up leathered

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2015, 07:59:52 AM »

Could have been much worse, great for us London based fans, winneable  and a town with good pubs. The world has moved on since our trip there in the 90s.

Not that great as its 2 and half hours on the train from here. If my Mrs lets me use the car it would be quicker, at weekends. I would have preferred the 4 hour train trip for a home tie on the Saturday. We are 225 miles away from Alty but the biggest hassle is getting across that London.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2015, 08:11:29 AM »

I think TV companies showing round 1 and 2 football (and 4th qual) and giving money to lower league clubs is a good thing rather than a resigning matter. How we could've done with all this in the 70s and 80s.

Jimmy

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2015, 08:41:27 AM »

Not far for me via Ipswich

brian1925

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2015, 08:47:42 AM »

It's not a great draw, though it would have been had it been at home. However, it could have been much much worse, I'm thinking Eastleigh away! Obviously, I think we'll lose. That's good, as I'm never right. We are expected to lose, hence the lack of tv interest. That's also good. There's always one way out shock - Borehamwood/Vics or us? You never know, it is the cup...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2015, 09:01:16 AM »

Whitehawk, FGR or Eastleigh away would have been the worst possible draws. The defensive record is poor so we have a chance.There will be a shock somewhere so you never know.

taxi Phil

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2015, 09:03:57 AM »

Thanks to John Laidlar for reminding us on the club site that Colchester have the worst defence in League 1. They concede an average of two goals a game.....and don't forget they were 2-1 down at Wealdstone before running amok.

If our defence play like they did on Saturday, and we pressurise theirs, it's no forlorn hope. I fancied us against Barnsley the moment we drew them. This is a bigger ask for the lads, but we certainly have a shout.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2015, 09:32:37 AM »

Not far for me via Ipswich

Even quicker if you change at stowmarket sniffer

bumble

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2015, 09:35:43 AM »

BBC website ticker has pulled out the following "selected ties"

Salford vs Hartlepool
Northampton vs Vics or Boreham Wood
Stourbridge vs Eastleigh
Aldershot or Bradford vs Chesham

not sure it tells us much but some indication of where they think the interest lies - can't see them putting Stourbridge on the TV though as they will probably show the winner in the 3rd round

I think they'll show Stourbridge vs Eastleigh. Guaranteed non league club into the 3rd round will mean they can film some great stuff post match with the winners

taxi Phil

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2015, 09:50:48 AM »

BBC website ticker has pulled out the following "selected ties"

Salford vs Hartlepool
Northampton vs Vics or Boreham Wood
Stourbridge vs Eastleigh
Aldershot or Bradford vs Chesham

not sure it tells us much but some indication of where they think the interest lies - can't see them putting Stourbridge on the TV though as they will probably show the winner in the 3rd round

I think they'll show Stourbridge vs Eastleigh. Guaranteed non league club into the 3rd round will mean they can film some great stuff post match with the winners

Good logic Jack, but I don't think they'll follow it.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2015, 10:28:36 AM »

What strikes me about the BBC's own coverage of the draw so far is that it focusses entirely on the seven teams left in below Conference level:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34762819

So I think the BBC's TV game will feature one of them. I think we're highly likely to be a Sunday game.

VofD

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2015, 10:29:47 AM »

I was incredibly gutted by the draw initially and even more gutted on how far away it is, as considering I am a student this will cost a few bob! Does anyone know if the club may subsidise the coach at all?

Anyway, even though dissappointed, I do think we have a chance of getting a result, as we have the capability as everyone knows, to step it up when we come up against better opposition! Would take a draw hands down now and try and grind something out of a replay.

No chance.
But " thank you all very much for your great support" is what you'll get.

bumble

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2015, 10:52:11 AM »

I was incredibly gutted by the draw initially and even more gutted on how far away it is, as considering I am a student this will cost a few bob! Does anyone know if the club may subsidise the coach at all?

Anyway, even though dissappointed, I do think we have a chance of getting a result, as we have the capability as everyone knows, to step it up when we come up against better opposition! Would take a draw hands down now and try and grind something out of a replay.

No chance.

We have coaches subsidised in the past. And even a free one to Halifax (Think we won?). So not entirely fair.

However, I do think unlikely that it'll be subsided, but perhaps if it is a sunday, It would be nice if the club could offer a ticket and coach deal similar to the one that Macc offered their fans.

Or another option might be the club may ask Geoff if we could have a luxury coach at as a reduced rate?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2015, 11:11:53 AM »

No chance.

Because there's no need for anything more.

Have we really got to the stage where we're slagging off the club for not (effectively) giving the fans money?

If they we're going to subsidise any trip it should be some awful trip in the middle of the season meaning those that benefit are the hardcore. What's the point ins subsidising something that lots of people will go to anyway?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2015, 11:15:39 AM »

Bradford v Aldershot
Maidenhead v Port Vale

Both these replays Chosen for live TV on BT, each club gets £33k
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fa cup Round 2