Top Half
- 14 (34.1%)
Bottom Half
- 22 (53.7%)
Relegation Candidates
- 3 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ALTRINCHAM 2010-11  (Read 5186 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ALTRINCHAM 2010-11
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 11:19:59 PM »

Yes I agree, but how many of those draws could become wins this season with the additional firepower we have. There is a good possibility to convert some of those draws to wins, and I suspect this what Graham and Ken are planning for. At the same time they know that the best teams start off strong at the back, starting with Stuart.

All I can say is that this new team has good strength in depth, and I suspect has the ability in time to convert last seasons draws into wins, hence my 9th position agreement earlier in the thread.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 12:47:32 AM »

Denham scores goals on a fairly regular basis, we also have Holsgrove who can play left forward, and Reeves has already hit 4 to 5 goals pre season, its too soon to say he has lost his way. The midfield to forward line penetrates more than last season from what I have seen so far. He has not figured so much in recent games because Graham wanted to look at other players/player combinations.

This is now a very strong squad which is not going to be that easy to beat. I honestly think we are going to be quite prolific and spring maybe one or two surprises, starting next Saturday maybe. Perhaps not immediately but when the squad becomes more settled we are also going to be hard to score against.

Dont forget we also have Matty now to distribute, and we all know, Nicky is on fire!!!!

The mouth waters at the prospect of what I think could happen.

Steve,

We certainly require both Denham and Clee to incur fewer injuries and start more games.
Plus Clee does need to score more goals (he only netted one last season).

I didn't mean that Reeves has lost his way with us but rather that his promising career does seem to have drifted somewhat since he left Farsley Celtic and subsequently didn't make much of a goalscoring impression at the likes of Histon; Vics and Telford United.
And, with respect, goals against Trafford are easier to come by than goals against Luton Town; York City etc!
However, here's to him recapturing his potential and embarking on a rich streak of form and rattling in 20 goals or more.

What this thread ultimately boils down to is whether you have a 'glass half full' or a 'glass half empty' outlook.

You won't be surprised to learn that I fall into the latter category.

However, if your prediction of Alty finishing 9th does come true, I'd be truly delighted and would deem it only fair to buy you a celebratory drink in the Noel White Suite next April....!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 03:13:50 AM »

[quote author=Steve from Sale link=topic=10657.msg115329#msg115329 date=128120213

What this thread ultimately boils down to is whether you have a 'glass half full' or a 'glass half empty' outlook.

You won't be surprised to learn that I fall into the latter category.

However, if your prediction of Alty finishing 9th does come true, I'd be truly delighted and would deem it only fair to buy you a celebratory drink in the Noel White Suite next April....!

Cult : I hope this doesn't mean poor Steve's only got a half a glass to look forward to for the next 8 months !

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 08:50:57 AM »

Cult - tell you what, if they finish in the bottom half I'll buy you a pint, if they finish in the top half you can buy me one.

If they finish 12th, we can buy each other one!

Either way, its going to be like surfing off a Hawaiin beach this season!!

You may be right about Damien, I think I just misread what you said; but I think with the midfield/forward line we have someone is going to be prolific.

Best regards

Glass full to overflowing!!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Altrincham 2010-11
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »

My worry is how much we will miss Greg Young and how much it will affect our ability to put in strong performances away from home like Wimbledon and Mansfield. If Joseph or I suspect Holmes can even remotely step up to the plate we should be ok as I think Reeves will adequately replace Senior, he is much more of a striker. A better run with regards to injuries with everyone, never mind Nicky Clee is a must. 3 major long term absences would see us down. A cup run is imperative this year, the difference between a loan reinforcement of the likes of Jody Banim and the likes of John McAliskey. I think this season will be more of one where we need to get better results against the bottlon 8 to prosper, a slight backward step. That said i think we'll finish in a similar position to last year, possibly swapping places with Barrow.   

Heffer

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 02:05:31 PM »

14th or 15th, no improvement on last season but I am sure we will be ok

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »

I am worried at the moment,but think about 18th or 19th.If you think about it we have lost 3 strikers in a short space of time + greg.The injuries last season did not help,but hopefully Chris Denham will play more(dont think he will get to many eye injuries in his football career).Just depends how quickly the new player gel with the ones from last season.
Harold

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »

I'd say just making top half,11th or 12th,with an overdue Cup run (if we avoid a league rival away in the 1st round of draws). Though I do think we will have a very average start, will pick up when we get the right formula in the centre, and the return of Kearney and Doughty will see a decent run.

Don't you just love pre-season optimism.This time in 8 days we could be thinking it will be a long slog or a walk in the park  ;)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Aussie Bob

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 06:09:20 AM »

If we can keep our heads up until xmas think we will be ok as some of these s**t or bust clubs will be letting players go in the january transfer window when reality hits. Be nice not to get too many suspensions this year either ...any sort of cup run would be a bonus.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTRINCHAM 2010-11