News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 At the start of the season we went one win in 9 or ten

Author Topic: At the start of the season we went one win in 9 or ten  (Read 1947 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 04, 2009, 04:54:38 PM »

then came the lewes win ,now a similar run ,back then the majority of afc fans seemed to wanted  gh out ,im wonderiring if people are thinking along those lines again ?I'm not suggesting for one minute this should be before the end of the season but at the moment  things are grim, I  mean against a team with 18 straight defeats and we can't even get a draw

VofD

Re: At the start of the season we went one win in 9 or ten
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »

then came the lewes win ,now a similar run ,back then the majority of afc fans seemed to wanted  gh out ,im wonderiring if people are thinking along those lines again ?I'm not suggesting for one minute this should be before the end of the season but at the moment  things are grim, I  mean against a team with 18 straight defeats and we can't even get a draw

Can't even get a bloody goal. >:( >:( >:(

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 05:04:48 PM »

Can't even get a bloody goal. >:( >:( >:(

with grays and woking winning today this could go down to the wire if we dont get at least a point v eastbourne and reults go against us things wont be looking good with grays at home potentially being a decisive game

joe

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 05:06:52 PM »

I'm not Heathcotes biggest fan by a long way but with the current financial situation and the squad decimated by injuries is there really alot more he can do at moment? Today was a terrible result but hopefully we can still get the required points to limp over the finish line.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 05:07:55 PM »

Yeah, anything at all from Eastbourne the way things are going would be a bonus, you are right, I think it is all going to come down to the game against Grays, and here we were thinking we might not have to endure "squeaky bum time" this season.   We should know better... :(

markecky

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 05:39:09 PM »

I'm not Heathcotes biggest fan by a long way but with the current financial situation and the squad decimated by injuries is there really alot more he can do at moment? Today was a terrible result but hopefully we can still get the required points to limp over the finish line.

Agree mate...there can be no bigger frustration to a manager than not be able to choose a side..it just happens.

However the 11 that started the game were good enough to win it.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 05:42:18 PM »

1. according to mr kempster our average attendance is actually UP on last season by 3.4%, and this with 600 LESS for the northwich game compared to last season. also our latest games have all shown an INCREASE in attendance (Torquay 735, Weymouth 770, FGR 852, Crawley 960) so an increase of about 30% over the games.
2. We have no reserve side - so no half decent guys or kids able to take the place of our small squad.
3. Very very few of youth players ever play for our senior side. So what's the point?
4. We have gone a re-signed a load of players that are simply not good enough for Conference National football

Even if we "limp over the finish line" what are the prospects for next season? certainly there are other clubs that are in worse situations than ourselves.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 05:45:24 PM »

Next season will see a lot more of a level playing field with many clubs coming to our level.

We got the Ashton lads because there club allowed us to..

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »

Surely any such debate should remain on hold until we see exactly where we finish in the table on 26th April 2009?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 11:01:40 PM »

To be honest i just dont see where the goals are going to come from,Cols not the same as last season,Dale puts it about a bit but does not score,lets jsut hope Chris Denham is fit and gets his chance.I would put Col on the bench and start with Dale and Chris,go 442 .
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team